Fiat Palio Stile 1.6L Sport - 100 BHP/137 Nm - cheap, efficient tuning advice require

What would be the ideal 1st tune up

• Increase Suspension Rigidity by 5 - 10%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

msrance

Car
Palio Stile 1.6
Hello Everyone,

I own a Fiat Palio Stile 1600 cc which belts out a respectable 100 BHP & 137 Nm in the factory state of tune ( or detune!) for Indian fuel quality. Considering the adulterated fuel, can you Fiat users and tuning enthusiasts suggest the most effective and cheap ways of tuning this car in an orderly fashion. Noteworthy here is that it already returns a fuel consumption figure of 9Km/Ltr, so please, only ideas that dont damage it way too further.

Re: Fiat Palio Stile 1.6L Sport - 100 BHP/137 Nm - cheap, efficient tuning advice req

Hi and welcome to TorqueCars good to have you along.

By increasing the BHP you are also increasing the torque. More power nearly always means more fuel usage though :(

First up I would get the handling right and lower the car 35/40mm. Get some good quality brake pads as well then concentrate on the engine,

Cams, Sports Panel Air filter, Exhaust with sports cat, Fuel pressure boost valve.

Re: Fiat Palio Stile 1.6L Sport - 100 BHP/137 Nm - cheap, efficient tuning advice req

Hi Waynne,

Thanx for the advice. It is understood that all power gains would be at the cost of more fuel consumption, but as I said, the gain:loss curve should be favorable.
As for lowering the car, that's not even an option in my place coz all roads are rally circuits in their own right! Folks here buy SUVs not bcos they love the macho looks, but bcos there's negligible chance of scraping the floor.
I was thinking of starting off with a custom air filter (K&N) and a custom Free Flow Exhaust. You think that would be of any help? I aint really interested in adding to the noise pollution, therefore the facet of a better soundtrack isnt my cup of tea.

he is right i have a trouble with walls heading my way because i havnt uprated my brakes.

lower it slightly more on the front that the back wont make a noticable difference visually but it'll keep you on the road
ive seen people with exhausts that pretty much touch the ground
and they can still get over speed bumps
(diagonally)
you shouldnt have too much of a problem

as for tuning
get that air filter out
in my experiance of fiat air filters a brick would be better
induction kit maybe?

Last edited: