Few problems with my gto

gtouk1981

Car
mitsubishi gto tt
Hello all my name is Tony i have a mitsi gto twin turbo 1991
The last month or so has been playing up a little 6 months ago i replaced the ecu after the caps leaked.
I replaced the 3 caps and refitted it at first it would run with a charged battery but would die after a few minutes i recharged the battery and tried again tested the alternator and found it was dead no output.
I replaced the alternator with one from my other gto and it has been working perfectly since untill about a month ago.
I had erratic idle problems misfireing between 2500-3000rpm done a little searching online and saw a post about the ecs causing havoc the the tps so i replace the ecs with that from the donor car it was much better but ecs would not work i opened up both ecs ecu's and most or the rubicorn caps were leaking so i never refitted either ecs ecu's car ran loads better solved the idleing and misfiring between the rev range until a few days ago my internal lights stopped working speedo is tempermental the voltage on the battery terminals is only just above 11.5v - 12v idle going to just above 12.5v @ 3500rpm which is lower than expected i thought it should be about 13.5 idle going to above 14v
The alarm system goes off when it wants to the alarm system is a clifford intelliguard 950 with remote start any help would be appriciated thanks tony:(

Once a cap has leaked the whole board is potentially ruined. It does sound like you have a lot of ECU issues and this may be the issue.

Country Bumpkin will know what the problem is, perhaps send him this thread by Private Message and he'll spot it for you.