Few new pics of the S14

its for sale if your looking for a daily runaround OG

what are you on about the tyres ? to low a profile

Unfortunately, it is not British :-(

Profile fine, width not. Sidewalls have been stretched. This is fine for racing tyres but not road tyres. Puts extra stress on the sidewalls and distorts the tread area compromising performance. Tyres need to be, at a guess, approx 20-30mm wider for these rims.

ok i was going with it being american with ford. i know nothing

Apology accepted :)

Engine was designed and built by Cosworth. It was based on the 2 litre Pinto short block with a Cosworth designed 16 valve DOHC head.

As an aside, the original Lotus Elan was designed by the guy that also created the Black and Decker Workmate, Ron Hickman.

Looks very nice, what does the Japanese number plate say then?

I've copied this thread into the Gallery for you. It will last longer in here than general chat.;)

cheers all for nice comments :)

yeah back tyres are slightly stretched but as they are £300 a tyre and i got them 100% free i aint gonna grumble for the min :)

think i have decided to keep it now lol, gonna cost me less than i originally thought to fix but not sure yet. plus now that she has has wash n wax she just so pretty lol.

(thanks for moving thread aswell :))

Last edited:
lol yeah she isnt much of a sleeper ;)

she is in the process of getting fixed as of this morning (why we started it when snow was forcast i do not know), engine is nearly out, she is looking a bit sorry for herself but hopefully by wed/thursday she will be all fixed ready to cause mayhem in the town again (in a respectful way of course) will stick a few pics of progress up later on as i have only come in for a warm up lol

Wayne,

I did not see a photo of the rear of the car but I am guessing this is a mid 1990 Nissan 240sx? You have to excuse me, I am not as familiar with imports as I am with American muscle cars, but I am learning. What makes it more difficult is that what the car is called over here is not the same name used across the pond. What makes it worse is that their are a lot of cars that are not sold here. And lastly, we do not get the same engines as you do sometimes. I believe your car had a turbo option. This was not offered in the states (Silvias, 180SXs or 200SXs). I assume a 2.4 liter engine with about 150hp stock?

Anyway, the more information, the better for us dumb Americans. I really like the color and body style. The wheels really set the car off. Looks like you have taken good care of it.

What are your plans for it and why is she parked?

for all who dont know..........

this car is now well an truely DEAD and has been for the last 3 months lol :confused:

(westcott whose wayne? lol :confused:)

We didn't get the 2.4 240SX over here. The s13 is badged as a 180SX and the s14 is badged as the 200sx with 1.8 and 2.0 turbo engines respectively. There are some s14's badged 200sx with the 1.8 turbo engine just to confuse matters further and the 180sx has also been referred to as an s110 silvia (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

There are 2 new articles on the site (that still need a bit of work) but they give an overview of the models. :-
www.torquecars.com/nissan/180sx-tuning.php
www.torquecars.com/nissan/200sx-tuning.php