Favourite part of your car.

Hayley1

Road Burner
Car
Vauxhall Astra SXI
WHats your favourite part of your car?

Mines gotta be the seats i reckon. They are sooo comfy, and I quite like my tinted windows.

Mine is the Nitrous tanks in my boot ...a chap said to once why you got 2 fire extinguishers in ya boot..LOL:bigsmile: yes I laughed so much that stuck with me ...

I like the electric adjustment of the front seats. All ways and angles just a soft button push away.

Makes me feel so old and comfortable.

I also like the audio rig - Harman Kardon

and the 190ish bhp diesel engine that flings it about the place

oldgit won't like that - he thinks that tally vans are a good idea - sadly he's been brainwashed.

I actually like my front arches and the way the wheels fill them. Is that a bit sad?

My DAB radio is also very cool - Love BBC 6 music.

I like the electric adjustment of the front seats. All ways and angles just a soft button push away.

Makes me feel so old and comfortable.

I also like the audio rig - Harman Kardon

and the 190ish bhp diesel engine that flings it about the place

oldgit won't like that - he thinks that tally vans are a good idea - sadly he's been brainwashed.

Oooo, that's a bit harsh! :)

Don't recall ever saying that they are a good idea, just that getting caught is voluntary. As for brainwashing, that is what the media has done to some of the population. Working close to the problem, I see the results of crashes and resulting injuries and deaths. Also have to deal with the aftermath, the grief of parents, partners and friends and the almost guaranteed demand for a camera at the crash sites. It an't funny.

As to the media hype, this is interesting. They encourage the lie that everyone hates the cameras. Not ture, in my experience, only those that they curtail hate them. We only get requests for more cameras, not less. If they were put at every site reuested, there would be one outside almost every house on main roads and even a few in cul-de-sacs!

As for 190bhp, more the merrier as far as I am concerned. I'm looking at a minimum of 520bhp when car is finally completed. This car will be used 'enthusiastically' on the road, but not at silly places or anywhere near camera siites. If get caught it will be my fault, not anyone elses.

I was a 'boy racer' 30 odd years ago, even raced on the highway for money. Thought I was the bee's knees! Growing up and having kids tends to give to a different perspective on life.

I still have the 'boy racer' mentality, but it is now tempered with experience, a little more skill and much more appreciation of the risks and dangers involved.

I am happy to play the game and accept both the rewards and penalties. If you learn to play the game well the plus points will far outweigh the penalty points.