Favourite Hot Hatch?

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
Car
Insignia SRI.
Right whats your favourite hot hatch of all time? If there is 1 that you would buy or have always wanted to own what is it?
I have 2 favourites.
1 is Fords Fiesta Rs Turbo, And the other comes from Nissan in the form of the 220bhp Turbocharged sunny GTi-r.

Whats your all time favourite...

Attachments

• rs-fiesta-turbo-04.jpg
    rs-fiesta-turbo-04.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 1990pulsar_gtirblack_01_01.jpg
    1990pulsar_gtirblack_01_01.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 7
For me it's either the 1980's Corolla GTi or the Golf GTi 16 valve from that era. Hard handling, quick and light. So light that it you lift and outside rear wheel you'd never notice and it still kept its line.

I have a biased choice as I will go for the HS Chevette, 2300 twin cam 16v, 5 speed getrag dog leg box and handled superbly, also had Avon safety wheels, not bad for a car made in 1977 and launched the following year.

Mine had a few Dealer Team Vauxhall (DTV) works parts to boost the power up to a tad over 180 and that was detuned for road use.

Other than that the original mk1 Golf is the one.

I have a biased choice as I will go for the HS Chevette, 2300 twin cam 16v, 5 speed getrag dog leg box and handled superbly, also had Avon safety wheels, not bad for a car made in 1977 and launched the following year.

Mine had a few Dealer Team Vauxhall (DTV) works parts to boost the power up to a tad over 180 and that was detuned for road use.

Other than that the original mk1 Golf is the one.

That sounded like a sweet motor mate....

It was, wish I not sold it, was one of a total of 400 cars homologated for group B rallying at that time. My particular car was a special edition of which only 10 were offered.

I had Bilstein suspension, works exhaust manifold and system, works airbox running twin 48's, Aldon dissy conversion, was a real pleasure to drive and had some fun with that as most people only remember the shovit as a 1256cc!

I was after one before the MG but had trouble finding one, rare these days.

the lancia delta s4 for a few reasons 1, they are rare 2, such a unique looking car they stand out even in a modern car line up 3, the first car to incorporate a super charger and turbo so you can probably guess they weren't slow 4, 4wd they handled brilliantly what more could you ask for in a hot hatch ????

the lancia delta s4 for a few reasons 1, they are rare 2, such a unique looking car they stand out even in a modern car line up 3, the first car to incorporate a super charger and turbo so you can probably guess they weren't slow 4, 4wd they handled brilliantly what more could you ask for in a hot hatch ????

They were class cars good choice buddy :D:D

I know, I'm a rotten sod. No one likes me and I like it that way :)

Here, go to youtube and search for 'Zippy is in f***ing trouble now'.

It's totally irrelevant to this but it's funny and none of you miserable b****rds read my other threads anyway.

Also try 'Zippy and George + Jim Davidson'

I know, I'm a rotten sod. No one likes me and I like it that way :)

Here, go to youtube and search for 'Zippy is in f***ing trouble now'.

It's totally irrelevant to this but it's funny and none of you miserable b****rds read my other threads anyway.

Also try 'Zippy and George + Jim Davidson'

I've seen them mate....So funny lol :lol::lol: and I do read your other Threads.....

Right whats your favourite hot hatch of all time? If there is 1 that you would buy or have always wanted to own what is it?
I have 2 favourites.
1 is Fords Fiesta Rs Turbo, And the other comes from Nissan in the form of the 220bhp Turbocharged sunny GTi-r.

Whats your all time favourite...
my mate has a 280bhp sunny gtr thier quick
but my all time hot hatch is the civic type r 97 - 00 shape, not just because i had 1, but they are an all in 1 package:D

my mate has a 280bhp sunny gtr thier quick
but my all time hot hatch is the civic type r 97 - 00 shape, not just because i had 1, but they are an all in 1 package:D

my second choice would have been the civic type-r and i agree they are the all round package economical if you want
sad.gif
fast, reliable, handle well (better with a fast road setup), nice looking inside and out all as standard what more could you ask for ????

my second choice would have been the civic type-r and i agree they are the all round package economical if you want
sad.gif
fast, reliable, handle well (better with a fast road setup), nice looking inside and out all as standard what more could you ask for ????

A big fat Turbo....;)

I remember the Chevette HS. Was that the same 2.3 litre four used in the Firenza (Vauxhall Viva) ?

Same block, slightly different pistons and a twin cam head developed by Vauxhall and Blydenstein Racing based on the Lotus head. They actually used a lotus head for the earlier engines in the Firenzas and Magnums before they had to have their own head for the HS.

I still have alot of info on the HS including the technical sheets when bought.

The mk1 XR2 wasn't a bad little car.

It started life as a 2.2i, went though fwd, rwd and 4wd, including turbo and finished as you saw it as fwd 2.4i running an ABT engine.

No, it was a joy to drive and handled really well when on tarmac set-up. Had a few problems in the early days with fuel starvation due to the tank design and constant fuel circulation of the K-Jetronic causing air-locks.

I used to have a Fiesta Rs Turbo that had a proven 280bhp. An that drove like a dream. It had koni adjustable suspension all round that was set up for the wide 16 inch rims. It really did stick to the road an nothing could touch it...:D:D

Some good choices there prev mate... I like the type R but i'd rather be in a GTi-r....
and i know why you would,:D
im just a honda man, and im always thrown towards them because i cant understand why they can take abuse so much and still start for you every time

the type r should be called a battered wife = take tons of abuse frpm you and it will still be there for you:D

sad.gif
thats why i like them the most

when i had mine, my buddy gave me a dvd, it had civic type r in it
they were cornering chicanes at about 80 mph in the wet, and still holding rd

so 1 night 3 am in the morning, it was raining i geared down to 2nd and was traveling at 90 kph, turned into the corner and she took it with no bother, type rs are unbelievable at cornering, and i always say, if you crash 1, your a dummie = thats the handeling
for the rest of the car, well you said it all:D