Favourite Hot Hatch?

ok then i'll rephrase it what more could you want from a standard car without spending any more money on it :toung: :lol:
ha ha,:D
but seriously turbo, they dont need turbos, with a redline of 10,000 rpm
you'll have all the fun you want:D

thats why i like them the most

when i had mine, my buddy gave me a dvd, it had civic type r in it
they were cornering chicanes at about 80 mph in the wet, and still holding rd

so 1 night 3 am in the morning, it was raining i geared down to 2nd and was traveling at 90 kph, turned into the corner and she took it with no bother, type rs are unbelievable at cornering, and i always say, if you crash 1, your a dummie = thats the handeling
for the rest of the car, well you said it all:D

very true mate when my mate bought his brand new honda threw in an advance driving lesson and the instructor wanted to show him what the type-r was capable of 90+mph round bends with no problems at all

very true mate when my mate bought his brand new honda threw in an advance driving lesson and the instructor wanted to show him what the type-r was capable of 90+mph round bends with no problems at all
sick yokes:D

mine has to be the nissan sunny. as a young driver ive driven a clio corsa fiesta sunny and golf and nothin really shines a light to the nissan. however i have only ever driven 1.4 litre engines so its not a true comparison to the great hatchbacks like the golf gti the gtir or the williams clio

I used to like the Mk III Golf with the 2.0 eight valve engine. Not hot but very very flexible and refined. Good brakes as well compared to the lower Golf IIIs which made do with rear drums.

For 1980s madness the 205 GTi 1.9 has to be a winner. Noisy, hard riding, manual steering, savage turn-in and prodigious front grip made for an involving drive. So did the sudden lift-off oversteer. I doubt I'd be so keen now - bit too old.

I still want the same or more performance, just in a big car with no noise at all.

306 gti6,
it rides well as if it was made for the British back road, it handles like a dream, you can tell that Peugeot used there motor sport tech to make this car properly great

and they look discrete

however I cannot, and will not forget my favorite car of all time which happens to be a hatch,
Lancia Delta Intergale Evo 2
Probebly one of the best cars ever made, words cannot describe why I love this car.....

Last edited:
I've always loved 106 Rallyes, not huge power but everything a quick hatch should be in my book, small, light, nimble & not overloaded with bodywork. :bigsmile:

@hdi (paul) I've never driven one but I would love to, i would even love to own one, yes it would never start when I'd want it to and yes it would turn into rust as soon as I left it out side for 5 minutes when it get's slightly humid, but I really don't care.....

@loz, pug have made some of the best hot hatches ever, it's just ashame they dont make them like that anymore..... but renualt new line of hot hatches are deffinately worth a look, the megane 250 cup and the clio 200 cup deffinately get my vote :)
but I would take a Suzuki Swift Sport in place of the twingo 133 cup though, I went for a test drive in one with my sister and the ride was far too harsh for UK roads, it was just firm it bounced about and became quite unsettled in some bumpy corners whereas the suzuki rides well, plus the suzuki has better steering feel,

@loz, pug have made some of the best hot hatches ever, it's just ashame they dont make them like that anymore..... but renualt new line of hot hatches are deffinately worth a look, the megane 250 cup and the clio 200 cup deffinately get my vote :)
but I would take a Suzuki Swift Sport in place of the twingo 133 cup though, I went for a test drive in one with my sister and the ride was far too harsh for UK roads, it was just firm it bounced about and became quite unsettled in some bumpy corners whereas the suzuki rides well, plus the suzuki has better steering feel,

Yes I would agree that if was in the market for a new hot hatch I would almost certainly go for a Clio Cup.
The Panda 100hp is another underrated car but suffers the same problem as the Twingo as only an enthusiast could live with the tooth filling loosening ride! :lol:

Yes I would agree that if was in the market for a new hot hatch I would almost certainly go for a Clio Cup.
The Panda 100hp is another underrated car but suffers the same problem as the Twingo as only an enthusiast could live with the tooth filling loosening ride! :lol:

Yeah, i suppose it is kinda fun, but the reason i didn't like the ride not because it was uncomfortable it's because they seems to have boycotted UK when testing it, it's a right laugh but it's just....too in slow around corners on rough roads,

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to like the Mk III Golf with the 2.0 eight valve engine. Not hot but very very flexible and refined. Good brakes as well compared to the lower Golf IIIs which made do with rear drums.

I got a friend with a passat with the same engine in, and yeah it's a good one :)

Best hot (warm) hatch of all time in my opinion.... MG Metro Turbo!

Two-tone paint, top half white, bottom half matt black with a red pin-stripe. I'd trade my left testicle for a clean one!

I'll hold you to it, I'll find you one now!!

I do love cars but i value my "veg" a bit more......

HAHA! Cool.

They were absolutely lethal but at the same time wicked good fun!

If you, like me, want a rocket powered rollerskate of a hot hatch rather than a big heavy modern affair then the MG Metro Turbo on an empty B-road is Nirvana.

it's technically not a hatch, it's a saloon, lmao

but still a very good car, I seen one in white with a black roof (i think) when I was over in America, I couldn't believe it! it was mint and unmodified with british old skool plates on it, right hand drive and the best of it was it wasn't in a car museum it was driving down an interstate road, fantastic!

ha ha,:D
but seriously turbo, they dont need turbos, with a redline of 10,000 rpm
you'll have all the fun you want:D

Be more economical at the same tune but with a turbo fitted though.

9.1l/100km is a bit high for a 2l, 200PS engine.

(The Golf R20 just edges it out at 8.5l/100km and is tuned to 270PS, the GTi @ 200PS manages 7.7l/100km.

Even the Corsa VXR is pretty close to the GTi, 1.6T produces 192PS and achieves 7.9l/100km.)

On topic though, for me I like the classics. Lancia Delta is a great example, than the Inegrale Evo II is a very specific model that is awesome.

peugeot 106 ive always liked though ive never owned one, i wouldnt mind it as there are many mods for it and it can look nice WITHOUT chavving the car up.

I think I'd have to agree with Stamford on the HS or HSR Chevette, but I'v also got a soft spot for the early Alfasud Sprint, such a sweet handeling car.

this week i reckon,for hot hatch 944's (turb or s2) 968's and corrado VR6's offer value for money, maybe the stilo 5 pot o yes and the 306 dturbo