Torque Cars

favourite color for cars

Discussion in 'The Paintshop' started by jetlag700, 4 January 2010.

1. jetlag700

jetlag700 Torque Junkie

Edmonton Alberta CANADA
    Car:
    1988 Jaguar XJS 5.3
    how many of you favour black for cars?

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    I love black when it is clean and shiny but keeping it so is a big problem. I quite like flip paints and candy red but I am very happy with my cars purple metallic. Purple is an odd colour that looks black or dark blue in certain lights.:D

3. jetlag700

jetlag700 Torque Junkie

Edmonton Alberta CANADA
    Car:
    1988 Jaguar XJS 5.3
    I love really dark purple too, but black is my favourite colour, maybe I will paint my black jag with purple accents.

4. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    do like black as you can get it super shiney pretty easy but it is hard to keep that way
    wifes looks great after a quick wash,ok 2 hours is a quick wash, but compare that to 4 hours to do mine which isnt as good a shine

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Jason Azzopardi

Jason Azzopardi Torque Junkie

Ukraine Kiev
    Car:
    Sonata 2.0L
    Really like black color but its really hard to keep it looking clean!!!! And where I live it will be impossible coz we are still waiting for the asphalt to be done:amazed:

6. MasterAuron

MasterAuron Very Senior Member

379bhp 359lbft
    Car:
    Mk1 Focus RS
    Depends on the car! Trouble with black (or other dark colours) is it's hard to keep looking clean and shows up any blemishes. Nissan Midnight Purple and VW Dusty Mauve are amongst my very favourites though.

7. thexav

thexav Pro Tuner Staff Member

Car:
    2002 Clio 172
    Silver is my favourite colour as far as cleaning it goes. But yes I agree that black looks best on most cars.

Matt black is also a fave of mine and hopefully will not be so hard to keep clean.

8. coupe

coupe Torque Master

woking, surrey
    Car:
    toyota mr2 mk1.
    you cant paint it black and purple cos thats what i am doing.

9. lutonmatt

lutonmatt The Torque Meister

chatham kent
    Car:
    82 trans am kitt
    Depends on the car as i like all my trans am's to be black
    but if i was to get a mustang i would like it to be red

and jap cars i think a nice deep blue goes well

but a nice shiny black goes a long way

i clean mine every week and polish and wax ready for the shows but now it needs a clean but is just sitting in the garage

10. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    Black is an awesome colour. But i'm a bit bias seeing as my Focus is Panther Black.

11. Prince

Prince Torque King

Northampton, England
    Car:
    BMW E36 318is Coupe
    It does depend on the car in question, but a couple examples are bayside blue (Nissan colour) and premium pearl white (Honda colour).

[​IMG]

Sexy ;)

12. zed head

zed head Wrench Pro

MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
    Car:
    black 1989 300zx tt
    when you go black you never go back. that talking cars of course.drive hard drive safe. zed head :embarrest::lol::love::love:
    [​IMG]

Sexy ;)[/quote]

13. KellyDcfc

KellyDcfc Wrench Pro

Ireland, Derry
    Car:
    Renualt Clio MkII
    Black, And Bright Yellow, Hah, Trust Me On Some Wagons It Looks Thee Part!! :bigsmile:

14. Massive

Massive Torque Master

Weir
    Car:
    Clio 172 Cup
    i dont know why but i love metallic orange or the new rs green color :)

15. ethan123

ethan123 Wrench Pro

basildon
    Car:
    WRX
    Yellow! My guilty pleasure on the right car yellow makes it look something else. Also a biggggggg fan of light blue's

16. HDi fun

HDi fun TC ModFather

Buckinghamshire UK
    Car:
    Passat 2.0 TDi
    Depends entirely on the car and the observer. In 1998 a work colleague of mine bought a kingfisher blue metallic XK8. Nice colour but would have suited my Primera better, which was dark metallic green (Peridot green was the name for it on the order sheet).

I also think that the Nissan's colour would have worked better on his Jag than its own colour.

17. lt93civic

lt93civic Wrench Pro

USA/Id/boise
    Car:
    93 Civic, jdm d16zc
    i have a burnt orange on my civic, it looks pretty sick. the interior and exterior match. my favorite color so far. i haven't seen anyone else with it where i live either so its nice.

18. Yugguy

Yugguy Torque King

Rugby (expat Preston lad)
    Car:
    Merc C220Cdi Elegan
    Silver is always popualr cos it looks 'premium'.

There seems to be a trend for white these days which I hate as I dont like washing the car every 5 minutes.

My all time favourite colour is the battleship grey as found on saab 900s.

19. jarrus

jarrus Pro Tuner

West Midlands, UK
    Car:
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    Best colour is Nissan Midnight purple, but then again, I've always had a thing for Red as well !

20. Maxy

Maxy Banned

USA
    Car:
    Jaguar XK
    Black is THE color of choice.

21. droponikz

droponikz Full member

Wiley Colorado
    Car:
    Chevy Colbalt SS
    I would have to say that my favorite color on a car would be a charcoal kinda grey, like a dark smokey kinda color, looks beautiful on many cars.

22. onionhead

onionhead Newbie

Brandon, Suffolk
    Car:
    323 GXi 4 Door
    As everyone else has said (and i'll have to agree) Black paintwork looks the buiness when it's highly polished, trouble is after about 2 hours when you get dust / pollen sitting on it, it looks pretty poo. I think the best colour car i've had was silver, it never looked dirty. What type of car is it your thinking of painting?.

23. Zwaf

Zwaf Road Burner

Croatia
    Car:
    Seat Ibiza 1,9TDI
    Every collor is good....as long as it is black! :lol:
    Got black Ibiza and black Golf mk4. Clio is blue, but If I could find good peace in black it will be black as well.
    It really is tough to keep it shine, but I wash my cars once a week and once a week it is beauty to me. If I had anny other collors they would not be beauty's not even once a week. :lol:

P.S. I agree there is models that look best with some other collors, but black is almost always sure bet in my point of view. In other hand some time ago, all new cars was silver or grey, today all is white, but black never goes out of style.

24. Prince

Prince Torque King

Northampton, England
    Car:
    BMW E36 318is Coupe
    I never liked red cars until I owned one. Now I really like, plus it stands out from all the silvers and blacks in a car park, or at a show.

[​IMG]

25. old-git

old-git Moderator

Essex
    Car:
    Elan & Robin Hood
    Exactly. My record is 9 silver cars passing me in a line. it seems that people choose a car colour that is easy to sell on rather than a colour they actually like. But I guess most people aren't car nuts and they are just a way of getting around