Favourite car show

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What is the best car show or motoring event you have been to?

What did you particularly like or enjoy about it?

Do you go to the same event 2 years in a row? Will the "Credit Crunch" limit your show attendance in 2009?

Max Power Live 2006. It was awesome. I was ready for going the year after too but they closed it down. It was a great day out though. Although I wished i could have gone for all the days they were on. The motorcycle show is a good one to plenty to see and do and also plenty of things to buy as well. A top day out by all means. I also marshall for a vintage bike club and do alot of circuits across the Uk Including anglesey which is about 350 miles from me but i'll be there next year as well as Lydden circuit thats about the same distance an i'll be going there too.:D:D:D I think us at torque cars should hold a show next year. I'm sure alot of people would like to be involved in this....:D

Not been to many yet! TRAX 2008 was pretty good but had far too many Vauxhalls and Fords for my liking. Jap Show Finale got rained off after we'd been there for an hour, after I got up at 6am to meet with UK Street Cars...still, at least we were on the tarmac!

moddified motors, and its the only 1 ive been to
what did i like most,= the women = hot

id love to see a max power 1
you see tits and arse at them
england is miles ahead for car shows

best one i have been to this year its hard as i have been to loads this year maybe summer nats at billing or mersea motor madness

as for next year have more to go to then this year and i was out just about every weekend
but all yank shows dont go to any thing else

the mini show at himley hall been the last 4 years running and will go next year its handy cause only a 20 minute walk down the road so i take the dog with me and he enjoys sniffing around them as much as i do looking at them
pvs was a good show this year probably wont go next year as i have a feeling it will be exactly the same next year
and i will probably be going to a few vw shows next year cause my mate will finally have his camper finished :bigsmile:

went to the NEC yesterday to see the carol nash bike show. Only been to one other, an that was the mini bike an classic car show that I got the pics from for my gallery

was really good, got some nice stuff aswell, an autocom (speakerset and mic for my helmet) heated grips, and some kevlar armoured jeans :)

had a sit on some nice bikes, couldnt fit onto ANY KTM bikes, could only just get my toes on the floor.

BUT could fit onto a new CBR600RR and CBR1000RR (fireblade) and I REALLY like the fireblade, 1000cc of good looking beastyness (with ABS)

now I just need to find the 9odd grand to buy one heh

Last edited:
I do nearly every ford show, and most of the track based events. My favourite has prob been RS day at combe, great cars, normally great weather, and a great track!

What is the best car show or motoring event you have been to?

What did you particularly like or enjoy about it?

Do you go to the same event 2 years in a row? Will the "Credit Crunch" limit your show attendance in 2009?

If you are a REAL enthusiast, and not going just for the girls, then the Autosport Racing Car Show at the NEC is hard to beat (it also has girls, but a lot classier than the tarts at the boy racer car mag shows). Been for the last 3 years and even managed to get into the trade day last year!

Proper cars, excellent trade stands (not just full of go-faster stick-on bit companies). It was here that I found the company that ended up making my drive shafts.

It even had, dare I say on here, a great display area by Pistonheads :)

It also has an Arena used for demonstations and racing (last year had a full blown funny car and Andy Frost's Red Victor 1 doing rolling burn-outs). Burn-outs indoors, mind (and ear) blowing.

Be prepared, however, to be knackered by the end of the day due to the sheer size of the place.

Be prepared, however, to be knackered by the end of the day due to the sheer size of the place.

Indeed, I totally agree, I was knackered by the time I got home, left my house at about 7 an got back by about half 8ish pm. Still didnt get round it all properly, but I did take a while. prolly an hourish to be drinking guiness heh.

might have to go to the NEC when the the show you mentioned is on next. sounds good

Last edited:
The NEC is Huge when I went to Max Live 06 it was amazing. The sheer size of the place. The NEC probably has about 10 different post codes cause it's that big. I bet you could fit the village I live in into the NEC...Huge.

My favourite show is J.A.E. It's an all week-end event for Jap cars and is a superb all round get together of the best Jap car clubs in the U.K.
This year it was held at Mersea Island for the first time. Previously it was at Peterborough for a couple of years and prior to that it was at Billing Aquadrome in Northampton, where it should have stayed as it was by far the best venue. However, i was impressed by this year's location, even if it was a tad out of the way.
THIS is the event forum for this year. Only Jap cars are allowed and they are [to the best of my knowledge] from owners clubs and other club formats.
Non Jap cars are always welcome but they aren't allowed into the event, they have to park in a seperate car park.