Faulty Fuel Pump??

Gen5H22LSD

Car
98 Prelude 2.2 VTEC
Hi All,

I have been having a few issues with acceleration backing off on my lude between 4000 rpm and when you hit the VTEC. You can actually feel the power drop then return at 5200 rpm.

The guy who had the car before me had fitted a fuel pressure regulator which seems to be set a little high and also a Gizzmo Camfc which I have removed as it wasn't doing the performance any favours.

I am fairly sure it is going to be the fuel pump but wanted to get the opinions of people with a little more knowlege than myself.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Matt.

If power returns high up the RPM range then I would say the fuel pump is fine.

It sounds to me like it is starting to run rich, then backs off.

Check the Air flow Meter and the lambda before suspecting the fuel pump. I'm pretty sure you will find it is a sensor issue.

Hi Waynne,

Thanks for the advice, this is probably a bit of a stupid question but how would i check them? Or do I need to replace and see if it solves the problem?

Cheers.

Matt

Check the voltages they send under various states of load and compare these and take a gas reading from the exhaust to see if it is running rich/lean. I think it would be easier to get a garage to run a full diagnostic check on these items and see if there are any error codes stored. It can save a lot of trial and error.

its seems to me the fuel relay is sarting to burn out, do you have problems starting it when the car is warm?