Fantasy project thread

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Assuming you had the time, money and ability what would be your fantasy car project?

I'd take an Audi RS4 and put in a Lamborghini engine and Porsche brakes then I would change the badges to read 1.9 TDi!

Alternatively I will take an R8 and fit the fully tuned V10 Lambo engine and then make it look like a GT3 R8 racer with large rear wing etc... :bigsmile:

Just to be different I would like to take an MG ZS and convert to rwd and throw in a big block V8 and have some fun a miniature Aussie V8 but English :D

I would love the Bond Aston Martin DB5 in real life, machine guns, wheel spinners etc and get shot of the idiots on the road :toung:

I used to have a mk1 Panda and fantasize about putting a 1.4 ltr in it.

Then one day I picked up a copy of Retro Cars and there was one with a V8 in it and it looked (fairly) standard from the outside!

I suppose I have already done two.............Chevette with a Rover V8 and the same engine used in a Bedford CF350 van :D

Just to be different I would like to take an MG ZS and convert to rwd and throw in a big block V8 and have some fun a miniature Aussie V8 but English :D

I would love the Bond Aston Martin DB5 in real life, machine guns, wheel spinners etc and get shot of the idiots on the road :toung:
and you keep saying your old??
na mate, your just a boy trapped in a mans body:D

I am already working on my fantasy car. I will have this car, and be working on it, until I am pushing up the daisies. :)

Mine would be My Primera and I would put 2 SR20DET engines in there. That would be awesome. Tune them both to around 500bhp then i'd have a 1000bhp Primera 4x4....That would be awesome.
Or a twin engined Skyline with both engines putting out 900 odd bhp. :D:D:D:D

I would get myself a R34 GTR M-spc Nür, have Mine's to their full magic to the car and then take it to stage III.

Good thing is, that wouldn't be an impossible dream/fantasy to fulfill if I just summoned up enough self discipline to save some serious money.

Id buy a crap standard 1.3 civic and put a 2.2 prelude engine into her and tune it to the most BHP I could get out of it, maybe a 1.0 Micra with a Skyline 2.5 GTST engine they wud be good fun at a set of lights ha

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine would be My Primera and I would put 2 SR20DET engines in there. That would be awesome. Tune them both to around 500bhp then i'd have a 1000bhp Primera 4x4....That would be awesome.

I'm already doing it to my fiat, although I'm only aiming for 500bhp

there is a 650bhp engine in a marea, so I wish I could put two of them in

I'm already doing it to my fiat, although I'm only aiming for 500bhp

there is a 650bhp engine in a marea, so I wish I could put two of them in

I can't wait to see your finished it's gonna be cool. But how mad would a Twin engined 1800bhp monster Skyline be. I reckon it's be the maddest ride ever.........:D:D

Hi, Just joined the group.
I am putting a 73'Jag v12, Type III , In my 40' Dodge business coupe! (9" ford posi. 4:11 gear, F&R pwr.disc. brakes).
Just to be different ! :bigsmile:

Mine would be very simple and also very realistic price wise. My ulitmate dream car over anything on the road (and some of you are going to think where my head is at now) would have to be a Vauxhall Monaro VXR500. 6.0 V8 with a supercharger pushing out 512bhp and nearly 700lb of torque as standard!

In Australia there is a compnany that offer a twin turbo conversion. If you already ahve a supercharged model youdont need to touch the internals ;) Anyway, this twin turbo kit costs only £2500 and will blot straight on to the supercharged model. You will loose the supercharger buit on the flip side, you will no longer have 512bhp, you will have a minimum of 725bhp and nearly 900lb of torque. All this gain and you dont have to change a thing with the boost, intercooler etc :):) Then all thats need is a further £7500 to spend on bits from the same company and hey presto, 1 remap later and you have yourself a near on 925bhp 1100lb of torque. So in doing this you will only spend about £35 grand at most and you'll have a car with almost the same power as a Bugatti Veyron, and the best bit is, it's a VAUXHALL lmao!!! I think you'd be a bit pee'd off gettin slaughtered in ya Ferrari or Lambo etc lol.

OK, so you've noticed the DET (turbo) variant. There is also a SR20ZE available in Japan that delivers 203PS, in factory tune, WITHOUT supercharging. That must be one revvy little ba...rd of a four cylinder engine.

OK, so you've noticed the DET (turbo) variant. There is also a SR20ZE available in Japan that delivers 203PS, in factory tune, WITHOUT supercharging. That must be one revvy little ba...rd of a four cylinder engine.

Yeah i've heard about them engine's. One of my thought's for the Primera was to drop the DET engine out of a accident damages Sunny GTi-r. But it was gonna be too costly so that idea went out the window lol... Some 200sx's are the DET engine as well....

The earlier 200SX models were only 1.8 litre cars!

Turbocharging makes a mokery of engine capacity and swept volume. VW has a 1368cc four cylinder on offer that delivers 168bhp thanks to sequential supercharger and turbo-supercharger. They've even fitted this into the latest Skoda Superb, which is a large car.

It doesn't make sense really, a car the size of the current Audi A6 with a 1.3 badge? OK. it's not badged but the press seems to think it's more than OK.

The earlier 200SX models were only 1.8 litre cars!

Turbocharging makes a mokery of engine capacity and swept volume. VW has a 1368cc four cylinder on offer that delivers 168bhp thanks to sequential supercharger and turbo-supercharger. They've even fitted this into the latest Skoda Superb, which is a large car.

It doesn't make sense really, a car the size of the current Audi A6 with a 1.3 badge? OK. it's not badged but the press seems to think it's more than OK.

I know about the 1.8 buddy I was just sayin some use the DET engine not all. Just think of my engine though with the help of a turbo... It would be great.....:bigsmile:

I know about the 1.8 buddy I was just sayin some use the DET engine not all. Just think of my engine though with the help of a turbo... It would be great.....:bigsmile:

A retrofit turbo would make it go like a rocket strapped to another rocket. But you'd have to replace pistons and rods to lower the compression ratio if you didn't want it to go bang. It's quite common to have low compression ratios when supercharging is used.

A retrofit turbo would make it go like a rocket strapped to another rocket. But you'd have to replace pistons and rods to lower the compression ratio if you didn't want it to go bang. It's quite common to have low compression ratios when supercharging is used.

Thats what put me off the cost of it all...