Fancy a Laugh?

Twamgl3

Road Burner
Car
Mitsubishi Carisma
Here's a picture I dug up of my first car.

1988 Fiat Panda Super, sporting a carburetted 999cc SOHC FIRE.

http://www.torquecars.com/forums/me...misc-picture2517-fisherprice-my-first-car.jpg

Note the Halford's grille to replace what couldn't be fixed after a smash and the badly painted gold wheels (alcohol and car ownership never mix).

Possibly visible on the bonnet is a 4 1/2 inch diameter NGK sticker.

Fibre glassing by previous owner has unfortunately failed so rust is visible along the bottom edge of driver's door.

Bodyfilling the seam for a smoother look near the side indicator was less than successful.

Not visible is the Ford 'Cougar' badge on the tailgate which was otherwise debadged by accident - jet wash incident.

This car provided my first 18 months or so of independent mobility until my constant childish abuse caused a crack in the cylinder head between 2 and 3, which believe or not was fixed with welding and a head skim. In the meantime I had given the car to my brother for free and bought an 'L' reg Ford Fiesta 1.2 (HCS engine - yuck!)

He fixed the engine and sold it on for £63 and if you're in the Southend-on-Sea area you might see it still about!!

Subsequently my brother bought a new Panda (with injection - whoo!) and he fitted a Cinquecento Sporting cylinder head and cam which he ported and polished himself along with a K&N pancake filter which originally was intended for a Ford Fiesta XR2. Oh and some alloys I got off the interweb from a knackered Uno. The cherry bomb exhaust never made it on to the car though!

I nearly bought the Panda off him (it failed las MoT due to rust that could be welded up), but managed to get my Civic instead.

Did it have a motorised windscreen washer pump or a rubber plunger? They don't make them like that any more. My wife had a similar Seat Marbella and it had 3 bars and some canvas for the rear seats.

Did it have a motorised windscreen washer pump or a rubber plunger? They don't make them like that any more. My wife had a similar Seat Marbella and it had 3 bars and some canvas for the rear seats.

No it has a washer pump - my mum had a Seat Marbella. The fact it had Porsche written on a lot of the engine parts amused me!

Despite cars being incredibly crude the Panda was superior because you could open the back windows and it had slightly less metal work on display in the cab(!)