failed emissions

N

Nason01

my FTO just failed its MOT on the Carbon Monoxide Content, the people in the garage said it might just be a sencor. anyone got any ideas on what sencor it mite be????

If you have o2 sensors fitted in the exhaust system it may possibly be one of them as they read emissions going through the system and talk to the ECU and tell it to adjust mixture, Im not familiar with you model of car, diagnostics would pick it up straight away.

It could even be the AFM (Air intake) sensor. You will probably find that the car is running rich. Fill the tank with superunleaded, add some redex and go for a spirited drive and see if this helps. You might just need to burn off some of the deposits.;)

Might be a bit late but it is probably your Lambda sensor these are around £350 via a garage :confused:
But fleabay sell them for 25 30 quid fitted one two years ago still going strong all you have to do is let them know how many wires you have they send one you swap the plugs by using their very good info leaflet by soldering the plug to the new lambda and hey presto my emissions went down from 5.7 (and no amount of thrashing would drop it) to .4!!!
I used zeldauctions but there are plenty under 30 quid on there at the moment
hth

Last edited:
It could also be the idle control valve. They tend to mess the mixure up if it's in need of a good clean.

Yep agree there
If you do need to replace that sensor make sure it's one of the new modified ones CAmskill sells them or you will be back where you started if you keep the car a couple of years :lol:
But if the Lambda has not been replaced at those cheap prices I would replace the both of them the car will run better any road up along with better mpg as well

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back