Facelift Light Upgrade?

woodmeister

Car
audi a3 1.8t (150)
Hey guys,

i want to upgrade my lights all round to the facelift 01-02 lights from the standard on my 98 a3 1.8t sport.

I am aware that the front require some fabricating of the inner wings and wiring harnesses, this is no problem. What i don't know is if the rear bulbholders will fit and work in the facelift lamps, or do i need the newer bulbholders aswell?

any help is appreciated.

wood

I was thinking of doing something similar myself let me know how it goes. Especially on the fronts. Are the front wiring harnessess much different?

If I were you i'd get some bulb holders from the breakers yard.

the looms themselves are the same, but in different colours, so its a case of cutting and joining the right ones, however the multiplugs are different shapes (round vs square) so you'll need to either cut and solder them, or source some round or square multiplugs and go down that route. as for cutting the wing a standard cutting disc will do the job.

will post pics when done along with the rest of my mods which are coming along nicely.

hi guys i have a problem, i have bought an audi a3 2004 model with no foglights and i have facelifted the car with a 2006 s-line bumper and grill, i have been to the main dealers in chingford london, to get the s-line grills with no foglight holders but they have told me they cant match it without either the chassis of an s-line a3 without fogs, i have searched autotrader to get reg of one that doesnt have fogs, all s-line a3's have fogs, wat do i do, i need the foglight grills which dont have foglight holes but audi cant help me locate the correct grill wat do i do????

can you get me the part number of the grills with the foglight cut outs and ill see if i ccan find a matching one as there is 3 pages of air guides for a 2006 front bumper

just really need the start of the partnumbers

itll ether be
8P4 or 8P3

took me litterly 2 mins to find the covers but theres 5 different ones
2 with blanks
2 with fogs
and 1 honeycomb that only seens to be on the right hand side - only as an 8P4 part

your dealers arent very good, pretty much like most VAG dealers, i was told by one VW garage that they couldnt supply me with a coil pack as my engine was originally audi and they didnt stock them. had they actualy looked it was had recently been superceded by a new part number and was in stock

Last edited:
ok im going to get the first part of part number asap cheers give me about an hour

i had the other fogs if anyone wants them both sides these are not for the s-line the part on those is 8p4 so i dont know whether that helps

Last edited:
if they fit then yes that part number is fine, if not ill need the part number from the sline.

although reading further into it there are only 2 bumpers available. one for the s3 and one for every other trim - there are differences between the 3 and 5 door versions but thats it.

ok 8p4 is designated to the 4 door versions

so part numbers for the fog inserts should be

8P4 807 681 B - LEFT HAND ONE OR 8P4 807 681 D -If its automatic
8P4 807 682 B - RIGHT HAND ONE

Blanks are

8P4 807 681 A - LEFT HAND ONE OR 8P4 807 681 C - For Auto
8P4 807 682 A - for the right hand one

around £26 each

pic below to allow you to check
A3foglight.jpg

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss94/TheGooner84/Random/A3foglight.jpg

Last edited:
the shape of those parts are different to the shape of the bumper grill cut out

my s-line bumper part number is 8P4 807 095 A Li if that can help

Sorry mate im at an absolute loss that bumper part number doesnt exist under audi. although under googling it shows as an sline one.

through that i would the sline grills are
8P4 807 681F and 682F for with the cutouts and both of them show up in a search on ETKA under audi but i cant find them when manually looking to see if a noncut out part is avalible.
trailed through all the diagrams for a 2006 a/s3/sportback/quattro and the only image i can se of the sline front end is under accessories where the part number is unknown as its dealing with some of the badges

started looking wider under the cab a3 and found grills that look similar with and without the foglights
part number for them was 8P0 807 681 AA and 682 J thats with the foglights
and without them
8P0 807 681 T and 682 H

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss94/TheGooner84/Random/cabfogs.jpg

thats the best i can find mate, looked for them under the 8p4 prefix but they dont exist,

going to try and work out what donates sline parts in the notes section see if that helps turn any thing up

OK turns out the sline parts are shown as standard but under model number - usually for engine codes - there is an additional coding there for standard and sline in this case 2JB and 2JD

using that info i found that there is another bumper on there that had the 8p0 prefix - this is under the a/s3 section the 8p0 is the cabs prefix - that has the 2JD note. going onto the vents page the only ones that had the 2JD note are ones with foglights. there arent any without

a very quick google search of the cab turned up this
media

they look similar to the picture of the ebay ones - missing the fogs of course so you might, and i of course cant guarantee that they will, fit. might be worth a search on ebay see if anyones breaking a cab and get them for next to nothing

but wont the bumper grills be no. 13 or 15 of the diagram you sent?

problem is the bumper of the new shape is differ shape and the parts are unlikely to fit the old s line shape

Last edited:
i think you are right it is probably no.15 but that you got from the cabriolet rather than the 3 door hatchback?

13 and 14 dont have part numbers so thats why i went with 15 and 16 (left and right)

yeah those are the part numbers for the cab bumper as i cant find your bumpers part number anywhere on ETKA the part number it did give for a 2006 front sline was an 8P0 code rather than 8P4

wat was the part number for the 8p0 version and wat was diagram pict for that cos i dont think the cabriolet 2010 bumper will fit tbh

8P0 807 681 T and 682 H

nah i took it off the earliest cab which was 2008. dont think the bumper would fit as such but the grill look the same as the ebay pic you had put up

still cant find your bumpers part number anywhere other than google even checked on the vagcat website, recommend that you sign up, its free to registrar and gives a basic copy of ETKA although the prices arent right it can give you a good idea if your looking for anything

cheers mate its starting to get to me as i dont really look under audi that much im having to learn what marks what up. the vw and skoda were easy in comparison to find stuff

i meant that i dont think that that the grills for the cab will fit on my older shape s-line bumper thats what i meant, but if your sure thats the part number for that grill then maybe i should give it a go and see as i have no other choice but im pretty sure that there is a part out there for my bumper that does not have fogs and that grill may not fit becasue they did change the bumper slighty maybe the changed the grills also

having said that because you took it from the earliest cab possible it might be a fit

what do you reckon?

im not sure that they will fit just that they look the same. - hense why i said to look for a ebay breaking one and try and get them for pennies

looking through the a3 parts there wasnt anything put up for non fogs so it may well be that there is nothing

i decided to buy the ones with the fog lights and add mesh as it would require to much risk and headache, but tanks for the help you have given if you want i can send you picture of the modification?

hi mate my car is done and i decided to fill the whole with mesh, wat do you think

Attachments

• 09032012341.jpg
    09032012341.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 09032012343.jpg
    09032012343.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 09032012342.jpg
    09032012342.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 09032012340.jpg
    09032012340.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
sorry not been on for about a week. looks alright. you could always route the air from the vents to the brakes or intake for extra cooling.

head lights remove them and remove the bulbs and leave them to dry out