Exhausts single double or quad

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What re your favourite exhaust pipe styles?

The choices are generally, single, twin, double and quad and shapes vary from round, oval, square to triangular and trapezoidal.

I'm a big fan of a subtle twin exhaust (both pipes are together rather than each side of the car).

I think it all depends on what car you have. The big rally type cars (Scooby's, Evo's) look best with a single big round exhaust, yet if you go for hot hatches then a double (side by side) smaller exhaust is pretty sexy. I also like the double (one either side) oval exhausts on things like BMW's and Mercs. Hard question.........

my favorite is a side exit with a thin oval exhaust tip cut to the shape of the skirts flush or slightly protruding
icon6.gif

My system has one pipe from each turbo, exiting with a twin pipe at each side of the rear of the car giving it the same appearance as the original set-up.

i like the double round type, not too big either

my favourite design has to be the ford mustand cobra svt, the exhaust comes out the side of the car

i like the twin, ive always had twins on my two cars, suits it, i hate single really ig bore, too loud, look numb, and are chavvy, i think 3 or 4 inch for a single exhaust is plenty even on an evo or scoody, plus in some cases having too big an exhaust means letting ari out quickly, but if you cant get the air in quickly too you are going to loose, yes only a small amount of power, but precious power you can save with an inch or two smaller exhaust

in very found of the twin side exit exhaust. ive one on my 406 hdi and you can guarentee that nobody else has one on their 406's about here, they're mainly used as taxis haha! Has anybody else got side exit exhaust on their 406 id love to know and who mad it.

for me it all depends of the car...coupes look best with 4 pipes but i like 2 big oval pipes on each side(like bmw x6 m)...as some of u said earlyer single big round pipe is best for rally cars like evo's...

in very found of the twin side exit exhaust. ive one on my 406 hdi and you can guarentee that nobody else has one on their 406's about here, they're mainly used as taxis haha! Has anybody else got side exit exhaust on their 406 id love to know and who mad it.
Sounds nice pete, you'll have to post us up some pics of that.

i think it depends on the car as well but i would seem a fan of the twin exhaust either side. like the clio sports with the two exhaust system