Exhaust Mount Alternative

Redd

Tuner
Car
Peugeot 206cc 2.0
Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone knows of any alternatives to the standard rubber exhaust mounts. I think I have seen exhaust straps and metal mounts, but I dont know how they would be fitted or if they are any good. Any info would be appreciated, Thanks.

I have found that the original rubber ones have been rotting, and one has fallen apart. I'm looking for something that is going to be durable and be able to hold the exhaust well under heavy cornering, uneven road surfaces, etc. I have been looking to get into Rallying and need the most suitable option. I have had cars before, that when you go over the smallest bump, the exhaust has bounced up and hit the bottom of the car.

Well if the mounts are properly positioned and the correct number are installed, then I cannot quite see why the problem has developed.

I currently have a Simpson Racing exhaust system and their preferred method of fixing is directly to the chassis through their own special rubber bracket and mounting system. Works fine on my car and never had any cause for complaint with the quality of workmanship.

Good stuff, remember to check that there are no mounting points actually missing from your setup because even with Powerflex mounts you will still have the same issue ;)

Good stuff, remember to check that there are no mounting points actually missing from your setup because even with Powerflex mounts you will still have the same issue ;)

Yeah, i'v got to go under car later to check the fuel filter, so I will go along the exhaust route to see if there are any missing, thanks :D