Exhaust modification

junthepooh

Car
Merc B180 CDI
Hi there.
Quick question is there any benefit with change the standard muffler of Merc Benz B180 CDI diesel with a free flow (sport muffler)? Any gain performance/power specially torque?
Thanks.

Other than making a difference in noise and look not really. you may get a couple ftlb. nothing really is gined by changing the backbox alone.
diesel exhausts are pretty freeflowing as standard

For the price of a decent exhaust system, £400, you could be lookig at getting it remapped which would normally give about 30% more power and torque

Thanks.
How about using hi flow panel filter like K&N air filter? Most of people said not good cause it can distrurb the air flow meter (is that true) because of the oiled air filter. So better use the original. Please give me some ideas.

Thanks man.
So you suggest wash the oil out then use it without oil? Cause i bought it brand new.
I try to re-sale in ebay but no luck. No-one wants it in here Sydney Australia.

Welcome to TorqueCars. Rinse it through in some soapy water and you'll be fine.;) Doubt you'll see a performance difference though, I'd be very interested to hear how you get on with it.

Stick up a for sale post in our for sale section, we get quite a bit of traffic from Australia so you might sell it.