Torque Cars

Excellent Torsen LSD video

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by TCJBOLDIE, 11 September 2018.

1. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Since I have been researching my possible next track car a 2010Civic Type R that has a Torsen LSD I came across this video and thought that it explained the workings well and was easily understood.

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Another great find. How can I be indifferent to information on differentials?

3. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    :rofl: @ Waynne.
    But on a serious note Torsens can direct more power/torque to the tyre with better grip while the clutch pack type only splits them 50/50 IIRC

Additional info :) The army Humvees have Torsen type diffs and the drivers are taught to apply some braking force to get them moving when there are 1 or more wheels off the ground.