Exact Model

Graham

Car
Honda Civic Sport
Hi just got my first civic over the weekend there and am wondering what the exact make is especialy for when looking at parts online. It is a 54 plate civic sport 1.6.

Thanks T9. Ayone know what it is clased as eg civic lx. Just that it never seems to say civic sport when looking at parts online.

Thanks

Wouldn't worry about this too much Graham, often while looking online for parts for my own Saab it rarely mentions the word 'Aero' which is my car model.
Hopefully a Honda chap will be along to answer this in more depth for you.

It says honda civic sport. Just dont know what to class it as. Yet to see a website where it says sport its all type r, si, lx and others like that

That's not good, have you tried any owners clubs for verification at all? It may well be a limited edition run based on another model with a few minor changes.

I haven't tried any owners clubs yet stamford, have you got the website for some. Also i have got the engine number if that will help, i'll post it up when i get home

I don't know of any myself, a case of trying here first then see where it takes you. Other than that why not try a local dealer, there's always some geek working there or someone old enough to remember the first Civic. :amuse:

Most websites don't need much information. I use realoem (for BMW part numbers) and all it requires is your chassis number.

What parts are you actually looking for?

Hey and welcome to the site mate

where are you looking for parts ? and what parts are you looking for ?

I don't know of any myself, a case of trying here first then see where it takes you. Other than that why not try a local dealer, there's always some geek working there or someone old enough to remember the first Civic. :amuse:

as hes from dumfries that would mean the local dealer, unless changed since i had my honda, they are pretty much usless.

You have a D16V1 Engine

This is a SOHC VTEC.
Which shares some parts with D17A1 and D17A2.
Plastic intake manifold.
Downdraft throttle body.
Exhaust manifold to front intake manifold at back, like previous D16.
There are some aftermarket parts available specifically for this engine and a lot of parts from the D17 will fit.
So when you do a search for parts you want to be looking for parts a D16V1 engine. ;)

Hope this helps.
And welcome to the forum by the way.:)

have a look in your hand book and see if theres any other 1.6 engines fitted or if they were all the D16 engine.

you could always get the kit and make it fit