evo4 front anti roll bar bushings

johnevo4

Car
96 black evo 4
i recently purchased a evo4 and really love the car.it needs the bushings changed.i have looked at it and will attempt it myself.could someone run through the procedure please as its a first for me.
cheers.

Have you ever changed shocks or similar before? As long as you take your time and do it isn stages it should be fairly easy. Sometimes the metal around the bushings bends and it makes it really hard to get the old one out and the new one in. Are you getting polyeurothane bushes or stock rubber ones? Which bushings is it that has gone?

I will admit I don't know much about Evo4's so I can only really speak generally about bushings.;)

cheers wayne.its not the drop links on the end of the anti roll bar but the other ones in further.sorry for not being more clear but that as good as i can identify them.

It's a bit awkward to access but nothing out of the way. Each bracket has one bolt, torque is 22Nm. The split in the bush faces forwards and there is a locating nib on top of the bush which locates in the bracket, at least on the standard replacement bush anyway.
You may find that the easiest access to these is from inside the engine bay, looking down and using a combination of extensions with a 14mm socket on the end, it's fun :lol::lol:. Mitsu certainly didn't consider it necessary to be able to do a speedy replacement on these items.
We have an Evo1V on one of the ramps at the moment, having had an engine replacement.