Evo Rev Limit

HI Bob32 and welcome to TorqueCars. Sorry I haven't got an Evo, but I'm curious to know why you are asking? You sound like a man with a plan.

Hello
Bit of a vague question i asked there,thatll be the bottle of wine.
Its just that my evo 2 redlines at 7800 rpm and was wondering if that is a standard limit.

Thanks matey

I have since found out that that is normal ,thanks to my bros beltronics g force,incremental speed reader. Feels alright but needs more power. putting out 270 yet lacks the push you up in the guts power. I have been tainted by overpowered small cars i.e. Astra Gte with 260 bhp weighing in at 800kg as opposed to 1250.

Hello
Bit of a vague question i asked there,thatll be the bottle of wine.
Its just that my evo 2 redlines at 7800 rpm and was wondering if that is a standard limit.

Yes it is a standard limit. You start losing power after 6600 rpm.;)

Ex evo III owner :D

Ive just finished a rebuild on my evo 2 and built a custom free flow stainless exaust sys and on standard mapping i have added a bleed valve to the actuator vacum pipe and found it will run 16 psi all day long with no fuel cut outs reached and packs a hell of a punch but now have to upgrade brakes as for brake fade. but make sure your engine is in good enough woking order to take extra power other wise you'll end up with a dead engine and let me tell you engine rebuilds aint cheap or easy even for the experienced.
Also make sure your gearbox , trasferbox and diff fluid levels are ok possibly changing the fluids would be more advissible.
If you have any more Q's please feel free to ask and ill help all i can.

Sounds like a great project ashleighD3202 if you've got any pics I'd love to see them (although youll need 10 posts before you can upload them here).

Did you need to uprate the cooling at all? Don't suppose you've had it rolling roaded?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back