Evo IV clutch?????????

SickSideDevon

Car
Mitsi Evo 4
Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice on my IV's clutch.
1st, 2nd, 3rd gear accelerate and revs go from 3000 to 4000 quickly, settle back to about 3600 then the car picks up momentum, like the boost kicks in. Is that normal????:confused:

Hi SickSideDEvon, sounds to me that your clutch is dying and has insufficient grip to maintain accelleration at the same rate. If you are accelereting, your revs should not drop off the instant you drop the throttle and then settle, but should slowly drop with your road speed. If it does, there is a fault between the engine and the box, usually the clutch. Hope this helps, though i know it is a painfully expensive answer.

The revs should match the acelerative force. This sounds like clutch slip to me. Try a steady speed at 3000 and put your foot down. The car speed should pick up at the same rate as the revs. If the revs climb and then the cars speed starts to increase after the revs settle you are looking at clutch slip.

The actuator would mean that there is a delay in the REVs increasing/decreasing and the acellerative force would match the revs.

You going to get an uprated 3 plate clutch for it? If you are planning on tuning it up further it would certainly be worth it.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back