evo 4 gsr

ollie6279

Car
evo 4 GSR
hey i have just bought an evo 4 GSR, what shouldi do to modify it?
can anyone help me please?

+1

for reliability, keep it standard.

for modding, after usual exhaust, intake, IMO a boost controller is the best bang-for-buck. £160 gets you whatever boost pressure you turbo can give (but on standard engine internals, 1.2bar is considered max safe boost pressure). Going from standard (0.7bar?) to 1.2 is like.....well....hang on tight!:toung:

remember when modding, things will start to break. standard car, eg a head gasket is a bad misfortune. on a modded (performance) car things like that are a fact of life. just don't complain when something happens!

Last edited:
The early engine crankshafts are a weakspot. Might be worth doing a strip down and rebuild before you start loading it up with power mods.

i have given it a full service, how do i find out what boost i have? i know that i have an uprated manifold, adjustable boost control, baileys dump valve,turbo gauge... what does that mean?

is the turbo guage the same as the boost gauge ? this will show you boost pressure in ether psi or bar. conversion charts are easy enough to find

yeh its a boost gauge...1.2 i think it is, how can i get more boost though?
you don't want more than 1.2bar unless you have uprated engine internals & other stuff done as well eg fuelling - the engine will break.
do some research.

the air filter i have in it at the moment is hks, its just a cone sort of filter with standard pipes. im looking into making a heat shield for it and a cold air pipe running to it, but should i look into buying one of those hkssuper power flow...the foam one?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back