Ever road killed anything?

Ciganjo

Tuner
Car
Honda Civic ES 1.8
I've been driving on M45 the other day at night, for those who dont know, it is not lit and you will at most see 1-2 cars going in the same direction as you (we're talking around 10:30pm). Anyways, about half way through I get over taken by some car and watch it speed away down the road... 2 minutes later I nearly drive over something freshly road killed..... I managed to go right above the body of the poor animal, it was quite large though, I want to say a fox, but it was bigger then your average fox. A little further on i see that same car that over took me on the hardshoulder, and the driver was checking his car for damage (i assume). Cant help but think it could have been me if i was doing 5mph more....

My first day driving I run over eight pigeons with ones head exploding..... nice then I hit 2 magpies and also I have run over a cat

I hit a pheasant and a small bird. I felt pretty bad both times but due to traffic I couldn't stop to see if they had been killed. I do hate killing anything really.

Foxes and Dogs seem to have zero road sense, cats will tend to jump or sprint out of the way. I think I would be mortified if I'd killed anything bigger than a bird.

I dont feel bad at all I would rather hit a small animal than swerve out the way and hit a tree and die at the end of the day thats the way it is

i have hit several rabbits 1 being a pet dont know why there was a pet rabbit in the middle of the road 2 cats think about 3 foxes and clipped the back end of a deer in the north of scotland in a corsa total rite of deer survived and ran into the woods me my car stranded in the middle of knowhere stupid deer done a runner never even gave me insurance details. hope it gets cramp at some point lol

I have hit a dear before on my motobike. That was not a nice experiance. The dear hit me rather than me hitting it. It ran into the side of me (upper leg) when I was doing about 40. Stayed on the bike.

Killed a few rabbits, and exploded a pigeion once. the pigeion was not nice. Made a right mess of the top of my car. It flew up, then dropped just as I was going under it. Hit the top of the windscreen and corner of the roof.

i hit 2 dogs , a cat , several small birds and i would say thousands of insects. this was in Portugal. around here never hit animals :)

I've hit a few things but it's ironic this thread started as I saw the luckiest squirrel alive the other day.
Going down a national speed limit road doing about 55mph following a car.
A squirrel ran across the road infront of me and went under the car infront between the front and rear wheels. Stopped for a split second and came out the rear then ran off into the bushes before I got there.
It was an amazing sight I honestly believe that is the luckiest squirrel alive.

More than a few rabbits - 1 was to finish it off as it had already been hit but still trying to get across the road
Pheasant
badger
and a duck - the duck had to be the worst it sounded like a wet fart as it went under the wheel

Ran over a cat,hit a rabbit,run over a couple pidgeons,but mostly pheasants they really are stupid birds they jump or fly out the hedges in front of you,i hit one with a tipper truck once it went up over the cab and landed in the back my mate took it home and ate it a few days later.

I think I've claimed more than few birds & sadly bats too, for some reason they sit on the road at night, I assume their munching bugs or something.

I've wiped out a few pheasants here and there. They are such dozy buggers. Run out in front of you with just about enough space to clear the road. Then - they stop half wa across the road and take a snap decision that it's better to turn tail and run back across the road to the kerb they ran from 1/2 second ago.

How dim is that?

1. Why start crossing a road at all if you only want to go back to the side of it you were originally on.

2. They're birds - they have WINGS. So why not FLY. The only time pheasants fly is late September on when the shoot beaters are out in the fields. If they simply remained on the ground like they do when using public roads there'd not be a single one shot! Which woud be a shame because I'm quite fond of cleanly shot game. Sadly the ones I've executed on the B4011 have been a bit chewed up after the inevitable RTC - Goodyear tread markings across the entire carcass. What a waste.

I did also swipe a swallow that was being silly and playing skydiving games.

This one wound up with it's head buried in the radiator grille. Access from the engine bay was non existent. So in the process of removing it from the front of the car I decapitated the poor little fellow.

ive only ever hit a dog one time but didnt kill it. back to the birds getting the hit, over our direction id sware they are pure board and are using the cars as fun. the young ones hear cars comming and see who can fly down infront of the cars and see who can get to the far side. naturaly enough the ones that sat at the breakfast table will strugle a bit to get up to speed, hence the odd thud on the windscreen.

You should see what trains do to birds it's amazing, I found a pigeon the other day that was empty from the rib cage down due to the force of the train hitting it. :blink:

Umm no, not sure I want to.
67a42f3f.gif
:lol:

I was going up the a38 today doing 70ish in outside lane,running towards us straight for us was a pheasant! i thought he will fly up in a minute,but no! i hit him head on hell of a thud!!,he must have been sucidle!,still no damage to car!,unlike a time i hit one with a van,it put a big dent in it!. Unlucky pheasant!!!.

The first thing i ever ran over was in my work car (Chevy Aveo.) It was a squirrel and it was GROSS! To make it worse i delivered near it 5 more times that day so i had to keep driving by it...

Last edited:
Greetings Zuhbargus and Welcome To TorqueCars My Friend! :)

The first thing i ever ran over was in my work car (Chevy Aveo.) It was a squirrel and it was GROSS! To make it worse i delivered near it 5 more times that day so i had to keep driving by it...

Killed a stupid rabbit that ran into my car the other day! It literally ran INTO my car, heard thump, felt a tad sorry and got on with my life. If it was something a little bigger, however I may have pulled over and moved it out of the road, and give it a quick funeral. If it was still alive.... :shock: :sad2:

Here's a couple of rippers. (reapers)
Funniest (I think) was on the track to the house, there's always rabbits to miss so my WIFE always drives carefully and slow just incase cause she can't handle hitting something at all.
So a rabbit jumps in front of us while she's doing about 30km/h, She panics and instead of slamming on the brakes she tromps down on the accelerator and hits it with a perfect instant kill. Needless to say my dog LOVES rabbits so it swallowed the rabbit down (nearly whole) within 1 minute. I couldn't stop laughing.
Another time was in the work truck and was a near hit with the hugest dear I've ever seen. I just missed it by swerving slightly and thought to myself,
"phew, that was close", nearlt totalled the bosses truck on the way to work.
Drove around the next corner and a ROO jumps in front and I hit that instead:blink:.

I was in Bavaria and I had a corsa back then was few years ago, herd of wild boar ran out as i was entering this small creepy town, hit one and completely nailed my front end, was devasted as it was my first car haha The farmer was happy though as they tear up all his crops.

I was in Bavaria and I had a corsa back then was few years ago, herd of wild boar ran out as i was entering this small creepy town, hit one and completely nailed my front end, was devasted as it was my first car haha The farmer was happy though as they tear up all his crops.

Gee, that one's abit of a BOAR!!!. Cant you come up with something better:lol:
I like the pheasant one:lol:
At least it wasn't a male sheep you hit.
Then youd get RAM rage:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Sadly yes I have killed the odd rodent or bird. Not my fault but the first time I did so it was a rabbit on an unlit B road at night between Datchet and Langley in Berkshire. This was in 1988.

I went home and cried :-( silly but I didn't like it at all.

Sadly yes I have killed the odd rodent or bird. Not my fault but the first time I did so it was a rabbit on an unlit B road at night between Datchet and Langley in Berkshire. This was in 1988.

I went home and cried :-( silly but I didn't like it at all.

We're here for you buddy! :)

I'd hate to hit anything larger then a rodent to be honest. I was on my way to work almost a year back, and a poor woman had hit a cat, and I'd never seen any one cry so hard! Luckily a man pulled over and assited her, she was slumped on her knee's and everything! I felt so bad for her.

WARNING. If you can't handle the details, don't read on. I'm not making fun of this, this was a true story of my own traumatic experience.

I had a job once driving a guy to his work?? anyway, on the way home one day a cat came running out of a driveway and straight in front of the car.
Needless to say I couldn't stop in time plus it was heavy Sydney traffic.
The guy with me says STOP THE CAR. So I stopped.
He jumps out and finds the cat trying to kick himself with his hind legs. (apparently they will try to end their misery if they know they've had it)
So the guy grabs it by the tail and stomps on the cats heads a few times to finish the poor thing off. Fortunately it was bin day and there were bins out right there so he dumped it straight in the bin.
As he gets back in the car he say's hmmm. that cat was well loved, it smelt like perfume???!!. As I'm about to drive off a lady comes out of the same driveway calling, here puss,puss!!!!. I didn't have the guts to stop and tell her the cat ws dead and dumped. I was in shock myself. I rarely like cats but I wouldn't go out of my way to kill one.
I say rarely as we did have a cat once which was a stray kitten in the back yard so we adopted it, that cat was best mates with our dog that we got not long after.
It was a spun out cat and always talked to you and never scratched people.

Ran over birds before, and I was a big miffed but didn't bother me that much...

@Paul, mate, theres nothing like the taste of a Goodyear... I'm also parcial to a Hankook but a Michelin is a bit too rich for me...

A pigeon hit me once. Flew right into the side of my car. Big bang right next to my head and a messy cleanup