Ever been stopped by the police whilst driving in a foreign country?

dpsubaru

The Torque Meister
Car
Subaru WRX Turbo 04
Have been stopped in Vietnam 3 times, but only once was i really in the wrong. Undertaking, and the wife was in a bad mood and refused to get out and talk to the policeman so in my pigeon Vietnamese tried to talk myself out of having my license stamped. The only thing the policeman could say in english was "my friend". So he showed me the fine in the book, which i told him was too much, so we halved it, money was exchanged and put into his already bulging pocket - which i'm sure was full of money before anyone comments. No records - enough said.

Greatest ploy the police have now is, stop you for no reason, make you sign a blank piece of paper (so to other roadusers it looks like you are signing the official notification of driving infringement), bung them a bit of cash, away you go!.

Sounds like a pretty corrupt system over there. I've always been worried about getting stopped in another country. We go down to France from time to time and I can just about order a beer in French! Thankfully it has not happened yet.;)

to put it in context, fine for undertaking, according to the book, gbp13. headlight not work, gbp3.20. speeding, variable, gbp3 - gbp30.

So working on your method of halving the fine, for doing 130mph in vietnam I would be fined £15 quid??

For comparison, how much is a spin round the nurburgring? :p