Engine Tuning Help. Any advice or help!

L

littleheadspin

So i got a Ford Ka2 1.3L a month ago and i only got it as it is my first car and it was a bargain for £200. I have done some old school tuning such as sorting out the cylinders replacing the brake disks, pritty much basic stuff.

Im not an expert on cars so i would like some help or even advice on were i can find articles or whatever on how to tune my car to make it faster and perhaps sound better. Some people will probably think oh god not another person asking stupidly to tune another slow 1.3L and a hated Ka but seeing as i wont be able to afford another car for a couple of years with the £2000 insurance i have to dish out im dying to find out if there is any way to make my car better.

Depending on whether it's a pre-53 Plate model or not, Van Aaken Developments did a low-boost turbo for the Ka, but it cost about £1500.00 so would only really be worth it if you planned on keeping hold of the car (Ka?) - not a bad idea if it's in good condition as these are great fun to throw about and the chassis is pretty much mint straight out of the box. If you did want to keep it and throw some spends at it though, you could soup it up further with Ford Racing coilovers and even some nice matching bucket seats. Turbocharger in the engine, or the SportKa 1.6 engine will give you some more grunt and you can make it look a damn sight less girly just with the Turismo front spoiler and RS sideskirts which used to be available from ESP Design for not much more than £100.00 for each piece.

Actually, I might still have an old Ford Ka tuning guide out of Revs magazine from about 2002-time, I'll have a look tonight and if I have, summarise their advice.

God, I used to love Revs...

i think with 2k insurance on a 1.3 then turboing it is out of the question at the min.

give it a good service and as TN said your best bet would be strip it.
then look towards free flowing intake - not induction kit and straight exhaust