engine swap

E

Eddie

Hey everybody, im eddie,,
i want to converte my 94 redtop calibra to a 4x4 turbo, i have the complete turbo donor car but woz wondering would i need ta cut a new transmission tullel for the drive train and does the rear diff assey just bolt in....
any advice r tips would b cool as im mad ta get started :):)
cheers...

Hi Eddie and welcome to Torquecars. Nice to have you along. (Sorry I've missed your post - I've got a man cold :()

Didn't the turbo come with a 6 speed gearbox? The transmission tunnel and rear diff are then replaced with the 4x4 but as far as I would guess there will be no need to do any cutting as the chassis/body is the same in both cars. Have a look at a 4x4 in a breakers yard to be sure and compare this with yours, a quick visual inspection should confirm that both models have the transmission tunnel.

Last edited:
Eddie i will check for you tomorrow on my mates calibra, however if you do need to cut the floor pan i will give you a few tips you need to up hold!!

do u really need to go 4 wheel drive as you can convert the 6 speed box to 2wd and yeah you would need to do loads of cuttig as the 4x4 calibra and 2wd are very diffrent there is also wireing to consider as the transfer box is electronicly controled and if you dont get this right it will only run 2wd any way also if you are thinkin of running up rated power your weak point will be the transfer box as these always stop working in my eyes i would say ur better of running 2wd but its up to u