engine swap

danpearman

Car
2.2 honda prelude
i got a honda civic esi 1.6 vtec and i want to put a 2.2 prelude engine in... does anyone know what i need to change before i can get the engine in and running?

engine - duh
ECU
gearbox
driveshats - think these are custom made
suspension
brakes - not just change to fast roads do it properly. get the hubs from the 'lude as sell and fit their brakes with decent pads and discs if you dont want to fork out for a BBK.

pretty certain theres cutting of the chassis to make room for it as well

It sounds like a great project. Keep us updated, Its one Im very interested in.:D Oh and welcome to the site.

Welcome to the forum mate. Why the H22A over the B18C? The B18 produces more power and weighs less. PG has it pretty much spot on, apart from that you'll need new mounts and I think the engine loom too. As for brakes you can get the rear setup from an EG4 or EG6.

Your other option is to turbo the current engine. As it's single cam vtec you'll still get the rev happy side of things but the compresson is lower so you can boost it no problems.

Hasport makes mounts specific for this if I'm not mistaken, Raxles can help you out with your CV's. You need your ecu specific for that motor, the wiring harness from the donor car, or make your own (pain in the kiester, bring a six pack for that) and either an H to B swap plate or a H transmission. You will have to make slight adjustments on the firewall to make room for the alternator. Theres more but I can;t remember.