Engine swap

tully78

Tuner
Car
saab 900 coupe
Hi guys i'm new to this but had some good news today just sourced a 2.3 hot aero with accident damage going cheap. out comes the na 2litre and in goes the aero lump. is there much wiring to do with this does anyone know? any further info from ppl who have done an engine swap would very much appreciated. thanks

Sorry I missed this post!:(

Not done this swap myself but it would be worth getting a full loom and ecu from the HOT engine. I would also get the gearbox as the gearing is I believe different on the 2.0 and 2.3 HOT.

The HOT is the best engine Saab have ever produced!

You are a lucky man, thats a great Saab engine. Since you have the car, get the ECU and wires and drop it in. I believe the 2.0L gearbox can take the strain from the 2.3L, but i would suggest swapping the gearbox as well like wayne said.

I would imagine you are swapping the tranny too? Anyway in good news, the engine will most certainly fit and is not a hard swap with fitting and what not.

Let me know how this goes man, and sorry i missed this post too. good to see fellow saab drivers!

glad to hear its not too much hassle. quite lucky in some respects i'm just buying a friends friend, insurance write off. It has to be scrapped otherwise id repair it with the panels off mine...i reckon it would be easier...gearbox isn't any good hole punched in the side. I'm gonna try and see if ratios are any different in hand book.;)

Yeah got the engine in place now, just got exhaust to swap over then its time for some fuelling changes i'm gonna use a facet pump which a friend gave me an external pump under the bonnet seems an easier option. wiring loom i've stripped out the dash and followed everything labelling as i go still needs to be changed. bought lowering springs for now off ebay £66 bargain plus p&p. cant wait using a bmw 525tds auto at the mo thats quite good fun. never tried drifting in an auto before....funny and its easier. lol let me know how your getting on mate?

Mine is much slower right now. Having negotiation problems on the delivery of this car but, he should drop it off next week now. Then the fun begins, gotta pull the engine out, figure out the best plan for putting it in with the least amount of down time. I would want to do it winter break (about a month long) but might have to wait until summer...

Idk we will see. Any advice for me? How is the engine mounts lining up?