engine swap guide

scoopgti

Car
clio
as above , i have a 1.2 8 valve clio 1999 want to fit a 1.8 16 valve engine out of a renault 19 or clio, any one got a guide on whats needed ,cheers :)

i presume jarrus means the 2.0 from a megan?? which is the same engine that was in the clio williams ive seen these go for around the £300 mark with box, loom and ecu.

i presume jarrus means the 2.0 from a megan?? which is the same engine that was in the clio williams ive seen these go for around the £300 mark with box, loom and ecu.
will the megan engine bay loom go in mine and plug and play? is it the engine bay loom the only loom ill need for my 99 clio

dont know if the clutch would hold up long with the extra power. something else to think about would be the gearing, would give you better acceleration but you may find that its noisy at speed

if anyone can help, do i need to just change the engine bay loom ?i know the imoby system under the dash drivers footwell will needed to be changed to match the ecu ?but would that existing wiring be ok or not?

You will need the wiring for the 1.8 16v (valver) engine, because I dare the the ECU is more complex,

have you considered about handling and brakes and how you are going to lay the extra torque onto the ground?
do you do motorway driving?

handling and brakes are not the problem thats the easy part, its just knowing were what wires go and fit, looms and stuff like that ecu imobys ,my car is 1999 im gona be taking the engine from a 1992 -1995 i keep hearing phase 1 phase 11 ? ive done a lot of metro vvc conversions but had enough of them very very quick but no street cred ,always had a soft spot for doing a clio

Clios are great little cars, not my thing though to be honest, I got a thing for old pugs (306's 205's 106's etc),

have you got the engine now? and have you the ecu and loom out of the donor car? and have you got a haynes manuel?

engine located ,its the rest ive not got taking a while to locate, and not sure whats best to get it off cause i keep hearing phase 1 phase 11 sum ecu,s have imobys sum dont i could do with finding a member who as done one of these conversions into a 1999 1.2 clio before who then can help me out,