Engine swap for 2002 Honda DX

randomflash

Car
Civic DX D17a
Hello everyone. I am seeking help on this topic. I have been working on my new Civic for about 4 months now. I am starting to wonder if it would be more cost effective to do a engine swap to obtain my desired results.

The dream I am chasing after is to reach at least 300 whp for my baby.
I realize it would be more realistic goal to reach 225 to 250, but I believe the magic number for me will be 300 whp.

I know the B-series engine in popular, as well as the K20/K24. My question is which would be the best fit for my 2002 DX. I'm guessing there will be custom fabrication involved either way, but I am not sure on the amount or mods involved. This is why I am asking for help. I have been searching the internet and found some basic pricing for engines, but I do not know which powerplant would produce the best all around fitment/potential for my chasis. If there is a way to use my exsisting D17a I would love to do that, but I fear it would cost me in excess of 12k to come near the 300whp mark on the D17a. Plus It would be near the top of its potential as opposed to a K20a in which the sky is the limit so to speak. Turbo, Bore,porting and polishing, stage cam, etc for the D17 is nearing the $11,000.00 mark on my wish list. Help!!!!!

Please help?

Definitely go JDM as they have more power. Forget tuning the D17 as well... You may as well through your money down the drain. If you really want 300bhp and you can afford it then go K24. You're going to need very deep pockets mate.