Engine specs explanation needed

delboyznhs

Car
Audi A6 55 TFSI
Hi guys,
I have just purchased an A6 55 TFSI Quattro 2020 which has 340HP and roughly the same power as the S6 (I didn't want a diesel).
Can someone please explain why the 2.9l engine in the the RS4 and the the S6 in the United States has a lot more horsepower (450). What is the main difference between the two engines and and can can the 3.0l 55 be tuned up to 450 or more?

Thank you,
Del

Hello and welcome |B

Can you tell us why the 340HP is not enough for your daily commute or do you intend tracking it ?

Modding will almost certainly invalidate any Audi warranty.and you will need to advise your insurer and get approval for continuing accident cover.

Thank for welcoming me to the group. 340 probably is enough to be honest but I initially assumed, wrongly, that this was the same engine that was in the the RS4 only tuned up. I realise it is a different engine now but wondered what exactly the differences are and how difficult it would be to get 450 horsepower from this engine and if it is even possible?
I also like to try and learn everything about a car and it's engine when I buy a new one so it would be good to know what the difference is between the engines are and what my options for increasing the horsepower in the future might be.
Thank you for your time and help.

Del

You can always do with more power. There is no such thing as too much power.

The UK engines were produced to meet euro emissions requirements which merits a new design.

I'll need to look up specs to answer in more detail for you. It is usually the mapping and turbos that differ the blocks are often the same with different pistons.

US 2.9 TFSI V6 twin turbo engine producing 450ps and 600Nm of torque (0-62 mph) in 3.9 seconds
UK 3.0-litre V6 petrol 335bhp and 500Nm, and is good for 0-62mph in 5.1 seconds

The RS version will likely have the higher powered engine when it launches over here. It may be a VAG group decision to steer drivers towards other power plants. (Diesels do not sell very well in the US)

Yes you can raise the power using hybrid turbos and remap. The injectors may need upgrading - expect around 20-30% more power.

That is very helpful thanks. I had assumed that they were basically the same engines only the more powerful 450 had a better turbo system etc so I look forward to hearing what you find out. I have tried 2 to establish two differences myself but have had no luck so far so thanks again for your help.