engine signal

93SPORTSEDAN

Car
saab 93 2.2tid
Hey guys. A few days ago i took my car for a drive at night and that little engine symbol on my dash kept glowing. I did not think it was something bad so i kept driving. But each time im in 3th gear and going past the 2000rpm he loses bits of power.. I feel him not pushing as he should... Any chance you guys know whats going on?? Im desperate....

Sorry buddy, but that engine light staying on could be for a whole variety of reasons, you will need to have the ECU fault code read by a Tech II gismo to pin down exactly what the cause is.

If you have emergency breakdown cover then they should be able to read the code for you for nothing - you just have to say that the car won't start or something as they won't come round to you just for that when you can quite clearly make it to a garage.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

i am planning on taking him to a garage... But at the moment im on vacation... I think i have a similar problem as the toasted turbo thread... My car loses it for a second, kicks back in and loses it again... But it has been in the shop 2 months ago for a complete check up... It had its spark plugs changed, and new coil packs... In 2 weeks i will be able to bring him to a garage... I'll Let you know how it went!

Great stuff, I shall keep my fingers crossed for you buddy that what ever the problem is, that it's a small one :smile:

quick update!
I went to a local saab garage(lucky i found one) and tomorrow i have an appointment to read out the engine... The guy told me he thinks its the EGR valve.. Any idea how much that could cost me?
And tomorrow i will definetly Let you know what is wrong with it exactly!
Fingers crossed!

Good news, not sure of the cost of an EGR valve but if you do need one and one is not available in your country then try a company in the UK called Neo Brothers. They do new and used parts for Saabs and ship to anywhere in the world.
They can be reached on +44 (0) 1992 719280

Good news, not sure of the cost of an EGR valve but if you do need one and one is not available in your country then try a company in the UK called Neo Brothers. They do new and used parts for Saabs and ship to anywhere in the world.
They can be reached on +44 (0) 1992 719280
Thank you! I appreciate it! If i do need one and i cant find one here, ill be sure to give them a call. Lets hope i dont need a new one! Ill give you an update tomorrow when i know more of it!

again quick update! It is indeed the EGR valve.. So i asked what it would cost me and he told me it would cost me around 300-400€... It seems quite alot so i looked at the neo brothers' site and the price was pretty cheap! So ill be calling them very soon!