engine problem

speedy

Torque Junkie
Car
cordoba1.6
hello. my mates 1.25 ztec is not running right. between 3500 revs an 4500 revs there is a flat spot. yesterday we disconnected the battery for about an hour while fitting a ice install. once fitted and connected back up. the problem arised.

we've cheacked the earth cables. made sure everything connected up right. all the wires are connected in the engine bay. could it be something to do with the ecu reseting its self or not.

any advice would be greatfull cheers

i have no idea why we disconnected the battery. it seemed a good idea. i have fixed the problem. it was the air flow metre that had gone.

Well I always disconnect the battery when messing with the electrics even something as simple as that, it's just good practice

it is good practise to do it with simple things, that way when you do other things that may cause bigger issues if shorted then you stand less chance of messing things up

it is good practise to do it with simple things, that way when you do other things that may cause bigger issues if shorted then you stand less chance of messing things up

Fair enough on things that you can't turn the power off to but with ICE as long as the fuse is out there is no power so it's totally safe to leave the battery connected when installing ICE.

also if you ecu it learning it's self again this should bode well for performance and fuel economy, because your engine isn't as it was left in the factory (not talking about mods now unless you have some but more about then fact it's been used) the fuelling won't be quite right, it won't be bad but it could be better and doing so should make everything just so again