Engine Painting

Massive

Torque Master
Car
Clio 172 Cup
Im thinking of painting my engine red and black, rather than buying bits just buy some primer and metallic spray paint, to contrast with the turquoise body paint, has anyone painted their engine before? and did it go smoothly?

When my engine was stripped I painted the block with silver paint and the head with black, I even sprayed the exhaust headers red which looked cool. Preparation is key any oil or rust patches will cause the paint to flake off. It is a real pic to do this with the engine still in the car as you have to spray around the pipes and wires. You can take off the rocker cover easily and spray that - this alone will make a big difference.

cool i think that will be my christmas job :p might get some coloured pipes too then put a led tude in it somewhere

Have fun doing it and post up some before/after pictures I'm always interested in what people do to their cars.

Have fun doing it and post up some before/after pictures I'm always interested in what people do to their cars.

I'd also like to see pictures. Painting an engine is something I'd deffinitely consider doing if I earned more than £100 / week. (Full time student with a part time job :()

sorry not started yet :s flippin didnt cancel my old car insurance (for my wrote off clio) and ending up paying two lots of insurance which i was gonna use for paint! ill post some pics of my car in feburary sometime i swear, i just need some hard cash!

cos im an idiot? :s i just forgot about the old car, ive dont that now, cancelled my old insurance, since i looked at my bank statement and saw two lots of insurance coming out, wasted alot of money :s

Id ask for a refund they know that the car is written off cos they insured it.

Yeah, take them to court! The policy shouldve been automatically cancelled when they wrote it off. They would have also been reminded of this when you took out the new policy (duplicate record of your details). You might be entitled to some compensation, get a good lawyer ;)