engine mods for fiat punto mk2

andyrem

Car
punto mk2
hey, i've just bought a fiat punto mk2, within 10 miles of buyin it the head gasket went, i was wounded. i've had it all fixed but doesnt look like the engine has long to live.

Does anyone know what engines i can replace it with, currently 1.2 but i'm wanting something bigger with more power.

cheers, andy

Fitting anything is a bit of a pain in the Mk2. If you want something "bigger with more power" don't buy a 1.2 is my advice.

Your best bet is the 1.2 16v and 6-speed box from the Sporting. The short ratios make them feel quicker than they are.

No BFF. Silly amount of work, you might as well fit a W12 lol.

A Coupe 16vt or 20vt is do-able, but again you're looking at big work and big cost. A 1.8 HGT converison will all just bolt straight in but again it's a pointless conversion as they're hard to mod and not very powerful.

I'm assuming you have the 8v, but in either case modding it is pointless too.

A W12 in a Punto mate, loads of fun to be had with one of those LoL,

looks like the only way forward is a new car, fix the head gasket and sell it on as a small, green, efficient car ideal for someones first. People will bite your arm off for it I reckon.

A W12 in a Punto mate, loads of fun to be had with one of those LoL,

looks like the only way forward is a new car, fix the head gasket and sell it on as a small, green, efficient car ideal for someones first. People will bite your arm off for it I reckon.

Agreed ;)