Engine Light

WhiteNoise

Tuner
Car
Honda DC5
My 2001 DC5 enghine light came on. Drive still feels normal but got exhaust done. Mech says could be the air sensors messing up cause they had been moved a little. Could that be possable? Any other ideas?
Idle felt a little funny as it dropped a bit. Could be a vacuum leak? Any ideas owuld be great :)

Very possible with regards to the o2 sensors! I had this once on one of the many versions of exhaust systems that I have had. Could be a damaged sensor but you would need to have the fault light code read first to see what it says. Also clear the light (reset it) and see if it comes back.
Strangely my light would stay off for many miles then come on when I went to reverse into a parking spot in a car park :blink: Had the sensor tolerences adjusted through a remap of the engine and all was good.

my 2000 toyota corolla has the same exact problem. I installed a new muffler too, but the light popped up before that. I covered all the hoses and wires in the engine bay with plastic chrome tubing and a few days after the light turned on. I've checked on the net and most people say that the sensor got moved. Besides the bright light, the car runs great and i'm just going to ignore it for now.