Engine lift recommendations for EA113?

naps45

Car
2006 Audi 2.0 T FSI
I am WAAAAY overdue for timing belt replacement. If I am going to do this myself (and son) I may replace the water pump as well.
Do any of you have suggestions for pitfalls to avoid, tools to buy in advance, tricks, other parts to replace, mods to do--while I'm replacing the timing belt?

And I believe I read that I will need some type of engine lift.

Any forum members have suggestions for an effective but not expensive/cumbersome engine lift?

Mark the positions of the cam pulleys etc... The most common issue is putting it back together and being a "tooth" out.

An engine lift will make the job a lot easier, although I've seen it done with a jack and wooden blocks (probably not that safe).

Don't buy a cheap lift, you really do get what you pay for, they will typically rust away very quickly, but if you do get a cheap one, make sure it is well painted and cover any scratches as they happen.

Water pump and oil pump are worth replacing whilst everything is off, these will often fail and it's best to avoid that issue. If the clutch is getting low it might also be worth getting this sorted whilst the car is off the road.