Engine cover painting

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Have just got through chatting with a very nice chap in Basildon, who is going to spray and powdercoat various underbonnet covers for me on the Beast, in time for the Peterborough modified car nationals in May :cool:

The engine bay looked a little boring being predominately black, and it definately needed some colour to make things stand out a little under there!

Have gone for a blue and silver theme and if the man can spray anywhere near as good he talks, the results will be very impressive indeed lol, will keep you all updated with the outcome. ;)

Had thought about using the red also, but I have the complete set of turbo and coolant pipes from Samco in blue already fitted so I was thinking that the red might be too much OR it may well compliment the blue? I have one week tomorrow to make/change my mind, will let you know what I decide, ;)

Hi Aikmanson, here is a photo of the new engine covers painted in the 5002 Blue colour, in the background of the engine bay, you can make out the bespoke front strut brace that Abbott Racing have just made for me!
Very happy with the end results, :bigsmile:

Go ahead and get yours done, you won't regret it, quite a transformation!

Very very nice. I like that blue, LB viggen like no?

I am not a big fan of the engine covers newer cars have, but this looks real good. It is on my list trust me T9 haha, I am finishing up my custom interior job... Then prepping the new engine with seals and all the good stuff before hopefully dropping it in without a hitch. Right.

What do you have planned now?

Well I am putting the money together to have the entire interior changed to full cream leather with some embossed logo's in the headrestraints instead of the half and half grey leather/cloth that I have at the moment!

The door panels will be specially made to accomodate larger speakers but I still want them to remain behind a grill so as to appear to be as close to factory origin as possible!

Also looking at a bespoke motorised sat nav display for the dashboard, :)

LOL! :bigsmile: Imagination is the key! I wish you the best of luck, competition is a very healthy thing! ;)