Engine conversion for '98 Torneo VTS

scotty_69

Hi all. I have a '98 Torneo with the 1.8 SOHC V-TECH engine in it. Only done 84kms and goes alright. I am wanting a bit more grunt out of it and was wondering what the easiest conversion would be out of a 2.0ltr SOHC V-TECH (k20c?) or a b18c DOHC V-TECH. Also would the computer have to be modified to suit the DOHC engine?

Cheers all[/b]

scotty_69 said:
Hi all. I have a '98 Torneo with the 1.8 SOHC V-TECH engine in it. Only done 84kms and goes alright. I am wanting a bit more grunt out of it and was wondering what the easiest conversion would be out of a 2.0ltr SOHC V-TECH (k20c?) or a b18c DOHC V-TECH. Also would the computer have to be modified to suit the DOHC engine?

Cheers all[/b]

alright mate

i would go with the b18 engine as this the same one thats used in the interga type R with approx 170 - 197 bhp depending on tune.
might also find that its really on the headwork thats the main difference with the block being the same. this should mean that the engine mounts are the same.

also over hear ive found that most parts avalible for honda engines were for the intergra type R, Civic tye R and the s2k
bit of a pain in the rear when ive had 1.4i soch 16v and the 2.0 sohc 12v twin carb

hope it helps

Cheers bud. If the b18c uses the same block could i just dump on a b18c head instead of the whole motor?. Also would this mean a change in gaskets, ecu etc?

couldnt tell you for sure best to see if you an find a specilest near you and ask. i know theres difference between the 1.6 and 1.6 vti (b16) engine of 5cc standards 1590 and vti is 1595. so although the blocs are the same it may be bored out slightly more.

may just be easier to swap the whole engine.

by the way what is the torneo?? doesnt exist over here

Torneo is a variant of the Accord. Kinda slightly sportier version. It has the same body shape of the accord of the same year. The only accord that comes in v-tec is the latest models I believe such as 2004 and after.