Engine Conversion for 2.0 8v Mk IV

Se7eN

Wrench Pro
I was wondering if anyone knew if a 16v turbo conversion for a MkIV 2.0 8v has been done in the UK and if so where could i find any information about it.

The usual mags are all 1.8T's, which is fair enough as it's a damn site easier to tweak than the 2.0

EIP tuning in the US has done such a conversion, I have e-mailed them and am waiting on a reply bout the technical stuff. I've costed the parts for the conversion, not as much i you would think. However I dont kno of any UK garages that would be able to perform the conversion, or provide a labour cost, short of ringing round everyone in NW England.

i'd apprechiate any help at this point.

Hi Se7eN welcome to the site. I'm liking your plans already! I've not heard of this either. I know of MK2 VR6's and as you say plenty of 1.8T's. Why are you going for the 16 valve and not the 20 valve or are you just wanting something a bit different? If you pull it off you will probably be the first so good luck with it and if there is anything we can do to help let us know. I'll ask around the guys I know down here and see if I can dig something up for you!

Hav'nt been able to update this for a while, Work sucks me in and doesn't like to let go. This is going to be long winded so be patient. Modders in the Uk don't rate the 2.0 engine so 90% of parts are American imports. So if one breaks thats a 3 month wait for a replacement.

Vehicle originally started out as a MK4 2L 8V Golf then was converted to a custom 2L 16V Turbo with stand alone engine management and water to air intercooler.

Engine Performance Specs:

EIP custom 2L 16V Turbo System: Turbonetics T- Series turbocharger, EIP cast turbo manifold, EIP aluminum sheet metal short runner intake manifold, Spearco water to air intercooler, TEC3 stand alone engine management, Raceware head stud set, EIP forged 16v piston set, EIP rods, high flow cylinder head and Autotech cam gear.
Apexi AVCR Electronic Boost controller
HKS Blow Off Valve

Fuel System:

EIP Aluminum Fuel Cell
Twin Stage 2 Fuel Pumps
Custom Inline Fuel Filter
Aeromotive 1:1 FPR
Custom Fuel Rail
Bosch Electronic Fuel Injectors

Drive Line / Drive Train Specs:

EIP Stage 1 Competition Series Clutch
5 Speed Short Shift

Exhaust:

EIP 2.5" S.S. Competition Series Exhaust
EIP 3" Stainless Steel down pipe

Suspension Wheels & Brakes:

Eibach Coilover System
ECS Front X-drilled Rotors and Porsche Caliper
18" BBS CH
18" TOYO T1R's
H&R Rear Wheel Spacer

(Most of this was a cut and paste job, so i apologise)
Apparently this monster is able to produce 325WHP (hp at the wheel not the crank)

Obviously i'd then require a new propshaft, a carbonfibre item to optimise strength and weight. (This engine will probably add about 150kg to the Golfs dry weight) A new gearbox would be required as well cause just lashing in a shortshifter won't cut it.

"So how much?!" I hear you shout..... In excess of 15K on a vehicle valued at 7K

Is that a pin I just heard drop?