Engine block

Deemo

hi guys i need some advise i'm driving a 1800 8v jetta mk2,but i have a spare engine block which is a 2L block with pistons and crank that comes from a 2L 8V i want to find out if it will fit with my 1800 head and can i rebore it to 2.1/2.2
what must i do or need to make this prosses work.

Whenever reboring an engine you will need to check that you can get suitable pistons. The engine should also be stress tested as reboring can take you quite close to the threshold of the metal strength if there is a weakness.

I wouldn't think that a 1.8 head will fit on the 2.0 Block - it is quite a size difference internally. The easiest thing is to compare the gaskets - check the cylinders, oil and water ways all match up. What is the 2.0 engine from? Do you have an engine code for it?

I've seen 20V heads on older blocks if you block off some of the oil return channels. I'll do a bit of digging for you and see if I can find a 1.8 on a 2.0 block.

Wouldn't the 2.0 head be better than a 1.8 head?

what you saying is rather get a complete 2L 8V engine and then do the rebore from there i'm suggesting the same thing or do you have a different opinion..:)

Dont know if itll fit but audi used a 20v head (dont think it was off the 1.8) on a 2tr for a couple of years, might be worthwhile tracking one of these down

Hi guys looks to me that i wont be able to do the 2L conversion just had to buy a gearbox mine just packed up,
but what i want to do is to do a head modification..
Any ideas out there.

NB:remember not to go wild on the cam must be traffic friendly aswell..its for a 1800 8v mk2 jetta with the k-jet tronic fuel injection..:amazed:

Oh Unlucky there Deemo. Sorry to hear that.

A fast road cam should be fine. It would certainly be worth gettign the head gas flowed and perhaps you should think about some bigger valves as well.