Engine bay - bling or boring

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are your thoughts on engine bay stying then? Do you like to see chrome, bright hoses and leads and chrome covers and holders?

Or do you just prefer to have a clean (or even dirty) standard engine?

I take a view that no-one really sees the engine so as long as it is clean I am happy. At least a clean engine is a little bit eaiser to work on, you can at least find the screws, nuts and bolts more easily.

Standard engines tend to come with nice plastic covers anyway!

Function over form! Things like colour coded silicone hoses are all well and good, but on a Honda engine they actually make no difference. So there is no point in having them. However, old school American Muscle must have some chrome under the bonnet!

ditto i they are replaced for a reason then fair enough. but if the standard rubber hoses are in good condition along with the engine not being stupid powered then cant see the point.

agree with prince on the classics gotta have some chrome there

All hoses on the Elan will be high quality silicone due to pressures and vacuums proposed. However, they will be black :). Radiator, intercooler and alloy pipes will remain unpolished. Alternator (lightweight/small/high power) imported from the States is powder coated black. Exhaust has been coated by Zircotec in black.