Engine 1.2 8v

feingreth

Tuner
Car
Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi
Since the loosen cable doesn't seem to be the problem I'm starting a new thread... and I have a question. I have a hole on my intake through which the engine sucks air. If I cover the hole with my finger the engine almost dies and takes some time before the engine management compensates. Is the hole supposed to be open like this? or is it supposed to be covered? and if it isn't supposed to be covered then what is the purpose of it? And I know that the engine should have a small cover over the intake, mine doesn't have it. Maybe the intake cover covered the hole? can anyone tell me? The good part (I think:blink:) is that when I rev it to 5750 RPM (on the clock) the hole makes the engine sound as if I have a huge turbo (not jocking) running on full boost:bigsmile:

And one more thing, my engine sounds a bit like a diesel it doesn't have the tipical smooth petrol sound. It shakes very slightly at certain intervals, is this normal? could it be from the engine management? or could some sensor have gone bad? please help... any ideea is apreciated

Thank you.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me when does the rev limiter kick in? I went to almost 6k rpm and it had a tendency to climb...I know that the max HP is at 5250 rpm and the book sais that it goes max to 5.5k so why can I go past?

Mine shakes every couple of seconds however as I said it is very slightly... it shakes about 5 mm you can see it slightly but you can feel it better if you pun your hand on the engine.

just mines had a dodgy idle took it off and cleaned it using electronics cleaner, the amount of crud that came out was disgusting. since then it holds the idle stunningly

I have never noticed that hole on my engine :/ ill have another check.
And mine shudders intermittatly :/
frenchies

No, I haven't cleaned the throtle body. I'll se what I can do. Thanks for the tip;)

You can clean the inside without removing the Throttle Body. Get yourself a can of carb and choke cleaner. Let the engine warm up then disconnect the pipework from the airfilter to the Throttle Body and spray in when you've got the engine running.