Torque Cars

Endorsement of customer care at Frost Restorers Equipment

Discussion in 'Tools & Garage' started by old-git, 3 February 2015.

1. old-git

old-git Moderator

Essex
    Car:
    Elan & Robin Hood
    I bought this TIG welder from Frost over a year ago.

http://www.frost.co.uk/eastwood-tig-200-ac-dc-welder.html

It has had very little use but when I went to use it recently I discovered that the gas regulator had packed up. I looked around for a replacement then thought that the best place to get one would be Frost. So I rang them to see if they couldl supply and the price.

I spoke to Chris and he said they could supply one and it will be shipped the next day. On requesting price he said it would be sent FOC as a good will gesture. Wow!

I have always found them helpful and courteous but this is much more than I expected. Thanks Chris and Frost!

obi_waynne likes this.
  2. turbonutter69

turbonutter69 TC ModFather Moderator

Alone in the dark.
    Car:
    Insignia SRI.
    It's good to see there are still decent helpful business's around, instead of the ones that just take your money and run for the hills. |B

3. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    That's great and good to see |B

4. stamford

stamford Pro Tuner

Hampshire
    Car:
    MG ZS200
    Good to know there are still suppliers with values.

5. old-git

old-git Moderator

Essex
    Car:
    Elan & Robin Hood
    Update. Replacement regulator arrived. Fitted it but this one didn't work properly either. It allowed gas to flow but the gauge measuring bottle pressure didn't work! But at least I would be able to weld my chassis, or so I thought. Cleaned the weld area, set everything up and fitted earth clamp. However, I was unable to strike an arc, even on the earth clamp! Bugger!

A call to Frost led to an exchange of emails with the welder supplier in the States. This resulted in a new welder being sent out today and I get to keep the original welder and accessories as spares. Can't think of how they could have treated me any better other than an all expenses paid trip to the States to pick the welder up personally :)

Teo likes this.
  6. T9 man

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Wow, I will have to keep that company name in my special book I think! |B

7. old-git

old-git Moderator

Essex
    Car:
    Elan & Robin Hood
    It has taken 10 days to arrive, but arrive it has and it works! So we can now get on with repairing the engine mount bracket.

8. T9 man

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9