Elite Induction Kits

Ryanc

Does anybody know how i can get a ram air induction kit for a 07 plate v6 turbo vectra elite.I've had the car a month and no luck:confused:

Hi there Ryanc and welcome to TorqueCars. The ram air induction effect does not really kick in until you reach speeds of 100mph plus. A stamdard induction kit would surely be better for you. I'm sure you could fabricate a funnel yourself and mount this in the engine bay if you really wanted a ram air effect;).

Thanx for the reply:p .I've been told that b/coz the 2.8 turbo is a new engine it might not b a good idea to slap a standard kit on it. Av you been on the skyline owners forum before?

A standard kit should not affect a new engine. It is only an air filter so I can't see any harm. It will pay to get a cold air feed or separate the intake part from the engine bay.

Did anyone give you a reason for their opinion?

I don't think I have been on the Skyline owners forum - but when we had the show I made quite a few invitations on lots of forums so it is possible. ;)

Thanx for the reply:p .I've been told that b/coz the 2.8 turbo is a new engine it might not b a good idea to slap a standard kit on it. Av you been on the skyline owners forum before?

have to agree with waynne fitting a kit made for a specific engine will do it no harms as long as it not not a cheap and nasty thing such as universal ( 1 size wont fit all ) kits.