Electric Mirrors...Help!

Nalderz

Tuner
Car
307 1.6 16v Rapier
Ok so i want to replace my standard mirrors for some M3 or similar mirrors... but i'm not sure if mine are 3 or 4 wire??

Anybody got any ideas

I have a 2003 Peugeot 307 and this is a pic of the cables coming from the mirror...

Theres 6 and i dont have a clue about this stuff, please help

Attachments

• IMAG0025 [800x600].jpg
    IMAG0025 [800x600].jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 2
Would 2 be for the heater in mirror and the other 4 for the motors? It's times like this when you need a workshop manual.

Would 2 be for the heater in mirror and the other 4 for the motors? It's times like this when you need a workshop manual.

That would make sense. A wiring diagram which denotes the colours would be helpful. We could probably work it out with a DVM if you measure the resistances between pairs but a diagram would be easier.

I have a haynes manual and i can see wiring diagrams... god knows what they mean lol

OK - can you scan and email the relevant pages.

If there are six wires we can treat that as three pairs. There might well be three earths that are common. It shouldn't be too hard to unravel this.

The harder part of the job is going to be making the new mirrors suit the bodywork of your car.

dont do it you cant see anything out of them m3 mirrors
had them on a fiesta that i am selling they was the first things to go as you could not see anything

dont do it you cant see anything out of them m3 mirrors
had them on a fiesta that i am selling they was the first things to go as you could not see anything

Just seen a friend of a friends M3 Mirrors and your spot on, cant see much and they dont really look like i thought they would seeing pics of them online.... Now i wonder, what can i spend my money on instead???