Egr removal

I did this on my Discovery 2, pita as one of the bolts sheared off but job done and no more sticking valve to contend with. Is the same term used for both diesel and petrol as only come across EGR issues on diesels?

I blanked mine off on both my diesel focus and my petrol astra. Its a fairly easy job depending on your vehicle.

Easiest way I found if you dont want to buy the blanking bolts, it's get a coke can, open it up so you have a flat piece of metal, then remove the EGR and draw around the flat part of the egr where the gasket goes on the coke can, cut it out and place it between the gasket and pipe of the egr and hey presto, blanked off and still connected via the sensor so wont hurt the mapping in the slightest. Most likely makes your car run better as it's not using recycled exhaust gases ;)

Why do you need to remap?
I would not think there would be any needed.
I have done my navara and am happy with the change.

the ECU monitors the the position and gas flow through the EGR. i can just blank it off but it shows as several faults all the time.
these ECUs are just getting too complicated

I've never quite seen the point in doing it on a petrol?

Simply allows cleaner air into the intake and in theory more oxygen. Probably wont notice much difference if any at all but at least you know it's running cleaner. Same theory why you have a catch tank, to remove the crud that recircs back into the inlet ;)

You can use a plate with a small going through it.
It still allows the EGR to work, but reduces the amount of soot coming through.

or you can map out the EGR, like I did on my Audi A3.