prevtec

Pro Tuner
Car
prelude 2.2vtec jap
recently, my mate and i, done an engine swap
as the title says, its an integra type r engine in an eg civic lsi hatchback

so far, its up and running, just wiring left to do

the mechanical side of things are are easy,
engine bolts straight in, (no special mounts required)
drives, suspension,fuel pump are all the same on both cars, so no special stuff needed here either, so just swap everything over,( you will have a 5 stud EG, and it looks the buisness)

the down side to this project was, we needed to change all the wire loom
bit of a dose,due to the type r having twice as much wires as the lsi
we are still in the prosess of tidy-up the wires, and i will let ye know whats the best way of doing this when i know

we also fitted the integra dashboard,
this has to be cut to fit the civic, but it was a whole lot easier instead of re-wiring an integra loom to a civic dashboard, the down side is, we cant fit the integra door cards, bit of a shame, it would set it all off

so,
the car is running, and she is quickest thing i was ever in, if anyone is thinking of a project, this is it, if you have paitence with wires, its a walk in the park

i will get pics up as soon as shes tidyed up and the carpet and stuff is in

worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif

:D get some pics up mate :lol:

yeh get some picks up.r you going for a bigger brake set up too.Am i right in saying you can take the brake set up,hubs etc of the type r too.may be of the mb6 to,not to sure on that one.Would look sweet with a set of dc2 alloys on.Can belive that the eg flys with that much bhp in.Loved to be on the road in it.

Last edited:
Bit of a disappointment. I've been in mild tune DC2 Integra on several occassions and they're ok and handle well but they're not very quick and an Lsi is only a bit lighter before the DC2 engine. Not actually quick quick but they don't go badly.

Fair play but K20-ing it would've made it a whole different animal.
How can you say a dc2 is not that quick,1.8 engine producing around 187bhp showing figures of around 0-60 in 6.2-6.4 sec.I call that quick.I know these are stats but i have Been in my friends dc2 and that flew and not many cars around would keep up.Can understand where you are coming from by k20 it.It would be a different beast alltogther.But i still believe the eg will be a rapid toy with the b18c5 in.

Suppose it depends what your perception of quick is. They're not slow but not that quick as performance cars go. Try going out in an Evo FQ340, or Supra TT or even Scooby Type RA to see what a quick Jap car really is. Hell even a Seb4 Punto GT will nail a DC2 Teg in a straight line.

Last edited:
Can see where your coming from but the cars you mentioned are in a different class altogther and would be quick.Id still say the dc2 is quick for a non turbo engine.Anyway get some pics up.

Id still say the dc2 is quick for a non turbo engine.Anyway get some pics up.

You're right there, all the Type-R's are. That's Honda's revolutionary V-tec for you. My favourite is the EK-9 though by far!

As said, get some pics up then get it down Pod and let's see how quick it is in real numbers ;)

A 5th gen Civic hatchback with a B18C (195bhp) will be very quick for a nasp fwd car. I would personally say it's a little harsh to compare it to a Supra or an Evo because they are in a different league. Assuming the Civic has been fully tuned (exhaust, de-cat, 4-1 manifold, cams, etc) it will produce roughly 210-220bhp. That's around 210-220bhp per tonne to put into perspective.

Nice work mate... Now get the pics up! :D

its been painted at the moment, in saying that all is left is the bonnet

it looks like a pure japer
the wings, bonnet, both bumpers are matt black, the rest is white

its almost ready fellas, hang in there, i will get pictures