Effect of different octane petrol

it depends on the engine, if highly tuned then yes, if mildly tuned, might get some increase of power, i for one will only be using high octane fuel in my bike/car. as it helps with antiknock and make it a bit more effitiant.

in sports bikes you really do see a difference.

i didnt really notice the difference between normal 95 ron and v power 99 ron. however the diagnostic port and engine did.
afer running with super for a couple of weeks (garage had ran out of super one week) power was up on the diagnostics by around 13bhp and 12 ftlb. conditions were more or less the same

Well, I have used 87 (I don't know what that translates to overseas but it's regular over here.) I have used 87 my entire life, and now that gas is less than $3.00 a gallon I decided to try 89 because I didn't want to shock the car too much, all I've noticed from the past two tanks is slightly (VERY SLIGHTLY) increased mileage. So next tank I'll try 91, The highest one over here and see what happens

So next tank I'll try 91, The highest one over here and see what happens

Depending on where you live, you might be able to find a shop or station that has the race fuel, i think it is 99 octacne but done quote me. There aren't that many stations that carry it though and alot of them that do require a minimun gallon per purchase. If nothing else, most shops can get it for ya, but you will pay out your nose for it.

Well, today, I'm going to be testing out 91 RON (is RON a direct translation of Octane? 'Cause when I say RON I mean octane.)

I'll keep you guys posted on how it runs.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back