Edinburgh 2010

Flew the misses up to spend the weekend in Edinburgh whilst up in Scotland, before flying back home. Expected to be there 5-6 weeks, ended up being 3. Here's a few of the pictures from t' castle.

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0048-1.jpg

DSC_0077-1.jpg

DSC_0054-1.jpg

DSC_0055-1.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0065-1.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

Last edited:
We have some amazing architecture and history on our small Island yet people miss out on most of it, and spend thousands of pounds visiting other countries without ever witnessing what's on our own doorstep.

there is a nice walk from princes street through some gardens and up to the castle did you go this way or just up the main road ?

agreed CB my boss made a comment last year that he knows his way around the New Zeland islands better than he does around some of scotland.

Yeah have to agree with CB.
My uncle has lived in London for 30 odd years and when he goes walking round he still to this day finds things he never knew was there.

Tried to take my wife to Edinburgh Castle last year but she refused to go in saying it was too expensive!
Ended up in the old tow jail in Stirling, which after living nearby for 20yrs had never been to - it was really quite ineresting,

I must say, overall, Edinburgh is bloody expensive. Castle entry was £11 per person I think, the Dungeon £15 (tis a good laugh though), breakfast in all the Cafe's and Restaurants is like £8-9, stopped in the Jury's Inn a one minute walk from the Royal Mile so that probably didn't help costs. Then there's drinks and food.

Including her return flight and my flight back, for what we spent we could've had a week abroad but I obviously you could have a weekend in Edinburgh a lot cheaper than I did.

Yep some lovely picks there M.A, I haven't been up there for donkeys ages, it's a good old walk from the town to the top! We stopped at a great bar called the Car wash half way up, I wonder if it's still there? I'm off to Skye in April so I'll more Scotty picks to bring back. :D

awsome pics there mate i well miss being back up there, its a shame that its soo expensive, and thats coming from someone who lived there for 22 years, a little tip to anyone who plans to go and visit the castle, if you have any mates that are in the army, or infact are in the army yourself take them with you and make sure they have their ID with them/or make sure you have yours as we, squaddies, get a free entry! well it was wen i last wen there bout 3 years ago.